Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Well that was a good workout! 7th our of 16th on the road so nothing to write home about - a group of five got away and I chased with a group of four but none of us were really going that hard until the finish when we dropped one on the final climb and I sprinted to 2/3.

Was surprised to see that I set a new best 5min power and pretty much equalled 5sec and 20min:
View attachment 535833

Seems like the sky’s the limit for you at the moment mate!

Ketty

Über Member
It's strange isn't it .... I can't hit B numbers (I'm no longer even a 'nearly' B in ZP) yet I can hold on to mid range B riders and chase most top C's down. I reckon I could have stayed with the lead group for the full ride tonight (but I much more enjoyed riding with a team mate). I think it shows it's not 100% about power and/or w/kg it's how and when it's applied.

I certainly learnt a lot when racing the DBR league about how to micro rest and apply power as needed. Tonight was different for me - I rarely fully sit on the front and pull so I was trying to learn a new skill tonight. A rolling course doesn't make it too easy to pace properly and I was trying so hard not to pull too much, but equally not to slow you down. I think we worked really well together - be great to have @Spartak with us next time too.
I’m learning with each race. Really enjoy it. Learning when to take it easy and when to push; wish I’d pushed harder on the first sprint as that’s what cost me sticking in that front group. Still can’t be to hard on myself. Yes was thinking with @Spartak we will have a good go at this CAT and see if we can upset business end of the races. Is there a list of the courses anywhere?

I’m learning with each race. Really enjoy it. Learning when to take it easy and when to push; wish I’d pushed harder on the first sprint as that’s what cost me sticking in that front group. Still can’t be to hard on myself. Yes was thinking with @Spartak we will have a good go at this CAT and see if we can upset business end of the races. Is there a list of the courses anywhere?

Attachments

• D274EB2E-E3D3-4C5B-8DC0-A499A1A1CCFA.png
    D274EB2E-E3D3-4C5B-8DC0-A499A1A1CCFA.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 5

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
My overall power was relatively low, but I reckon 5 minute and 1 minute will be high. There's so many places where I was putting out 0 watts and supertucking/ recovering that the mean watts won't be reflective of the effort
Yes, I was using the supertuck lots too tonight.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I wasn't planning to go for the 1st sprint, then I realised only a couple of riders were interested so I thought I'd give it a pop :tongue: I buggered up the KoM though - went too early and ended up dragging 3 riders with me. I don't know that course that well so completely misjudged it :banghead: Oh well :laugh:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Sorry guys. Late decision to bale out tonight. Mind isn’t really on it today.

Dad died yesterday. He was 90 years old and had a good life. He’d been in hospital for 2 weeks but went peacefully at the end.

I’ve been doing a load of stuff for Mum today starting the process of sorting out his affairs. All is going ok and I’m going to have a solo ride. Who knows I may even make it Zone 2, but I don’t want the pressure of racing tonight.

Hope you all ride well

Sorry to hear that Del

Joffey

Big Dosser
Carl is a cracking team mate. Dragged me up many a climb (not unlike @Brendan Parker today, where did that last hill come from?! I did a catastrophic gear change at the start but I was never going to live with that group).

Pleased about first sprint though, saw Sam Coleman hovering at the front and thought screw it, I'm not going to actually beat him or anyone else with a proper uphill sprint so I'll go a bit long for the craic. Ended up 3rd or 4th on that prime so happy to have some points in the bag.

Then it was all very unpleasant for 45 minutes!

Also; loads of people don't supertuck and I can't understand why?

I'm nervous supertucking as my trainer signal has dropped out before when doing so :eek:

mjd1988

Guru

So two more hilly stages then flat...but ITT. Well, going to be good workouts anyway.

There seemed to be less people showing up for this race, not sure if that's because of better weather or people avoiding a challenging course? Maybe less randoms hopping on at the last minute

Joffey

Big Dosser
On a Tacx Flux?! Do you use Bluetooth? If not, I’d suggest switching to it but tbh neither ANT+ or BT should drop because of a few seconds at zero watts!

Yeah, Flux S - when I've been freewheeling it's dropped out about 6 times since Jan (so not loads) but it did it in one of the DBR races and gave me a shock. When I was using Ant+ it happened more, since switching to BT in Feb it's only happened twice.

Joffey

Big Dosser
So two more hilly stages then flat...but ITT. Well, going to be good workouts anyway.

There seemed to be less people showing up for this race, not sure if that's because of better weather or people avoiding a challenging course? Maybe less randoms hopping on at the last minute

I'm really looking forward to the TT - should be quite interesting.

Last edited:

Ketty

Über Member
I wasn't planning to go for the 1st sprint, then I realised only a couple of riders were interested so I thought I'd give it a pop :tongue: I buggered up the KoM though - went too early and ended up dragging 3 riders with me. I don't know that course that well so completely misjudged it :banghead: Oh well :laugh:
You flew at that first sprint. We can hone our tactics ready for next week 😂

steverob

Guru
Yeah, Flux S - when I've been freewheeling it's dropped out about 6 times since Jan (so not loads) but it did it in one of the DBR races and gave me a shock. When I was using Ant+ it happened more, since switching to BT in Feb it's only happened twice.
Yeah, I remember that one - your 30+ second lead on the final Richmond climb suddenly started dropping and didn't stop until it was just 2 seconds, before thankfully you got it going again in time to stay clear of the chasers!

I wimped out on doing Yorkshire tonight and instead joined one of the group rides around the new French world. Quit the event after one lap in order to U-turn and navigate manually - meant I could take the road that this event didn't cover, so at least I can say I've seen the whole map except for Ventoux. Very pretty as well - some absolutely great work done by Zwift on the scenery.

Top Bottom