Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Is it too late to change the name @IrishAl - looks like you made a typo!

Or we could all become cyclecatters 😾
View attachment 550256
🤦‍♂️

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Martin's new TT bike from Orbea:whistle:

Hambini will like it too, where front wheel inset to down tube, flared wheel rear stays for better aerodynamic air flow :biggrin:

oops forgot the image^_^

3vViuZAnxRrUtpzLHNDNDg-1200-80.jpg

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Is it too late to change the name @IrishAl - looks like you made a typo!

Or we could all become cyclecatters 😾
View attachment 550256
Haha 😂. @peterob you get the prize for observational skills. That was my idea of a bad jokE - just to see who was reading the detail. It’s actually photoshopped into the message. We really are CycleChat #23 if you read a couple of lines up the message. ☺️

Alongo

Guru
Just had a ride round the first 50 km of the Big Foot Hills course , went fairly steady on flats and pushed a bit on the Kom’s . It’s a good course , will be demanding at race effort pace as the Titans grove roller coaster is quite testing and I always find it a spot where it’s easy to lose the pack. Will have another go on Wednesdays group “practice run” . Weathers definitely turning now , so feels right to focus on Zwift a bit more .

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Do the team captains and manager want to put their heads together to talk teams for the first race? I suggest being as it might be different teams different weeks you might want to thrash it out in a private managers chat. Obv up to you though.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just had a ride round the first 50 km of the Big Foot Hills course , went fairly steady on flats and pushed a bit on the Kom’s . It’s a good course , will be demanding at race effort pace as the Titans grove roller coaster is quite testing and I always find it a spot where it’s easy to lose the pack. Will have another go on Wednesdays group “practice run” . Weathers definitely turning now , so feels right to focus on Zwift a bit more .

I don’t think I’ve ever done a race that long have you? I think you’re completely right. Spots like the Titan grove could absolutely batter you in the long run.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I don’t think I’ve ever done a race that long have you? I think you’re completely right. Spots like the Titan grove could absolutely batter you in the long run.
I did a 108km race - 25 laps of Volcano CCW. Talk about being dizzy afterwards. But never done a hilly route. Hopefully we can get over the shortish hills in the lead group but it will be tough.

mjd1988

Guru
Are we going to be put into random groups of teams for the first two races or is it going to be a huge number all together?

Regardless, i'm going to try and hang as near the front as i can to at least the foot of the first climb then drift back. Never raced anywhere like this long but I know it won't suit me!

Do the team captains and manager want to put their heads together to talk teams for the first race? I suggest being as it might be different teams different weeks you might want to thrash it out in a private manager's chat. Obv up to you though.
We already have, and I ll break it softly @<Tommy> . you don't need to join the recce on Wednesday!:laugh:

in all seriousness, I thought the teams were sorted.

Maybe to get some sort of routine/system in place does everyone have access to a google account???
if i make a google form everyone can tick if they are available that week, then the team selection can be done from there?

Something like this .... https://forms.gle/5EtWFUqqJg9EK1tP8

i can then put this out on a Wednesday, give everyone until the weekend to decide and fill out then team selection can be made?

Thoughts??

Alongo

Guru
I’ve done a couple of the long Zwift Fondos but they were not eyeballs out like I’m expecting the ZRL to be , def need a gel or two , or maybe a bag of jelly babies 😀. Caffeine would help but I tend to avoid it after lunch , anyone manage to take caffeine gels and still sleep ok after 7 pm races .

Top Bottom