Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Oohhh- cage rattled:laugh:

How’s you hip? :okay:

Haha! I never mentioned my hip on this forum did I? Once to you today maybe? Me calling you up isn’t me being rattled my friend. I just had to highlight the irony of the biggest whinger on here talking about moaning as it’s amusing to me.

Ps I hope the irony of you mentioning cages isn’t lost on you? :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Haha! I never mentioned my hip on this forum did I? Once to you today maybe? Me calling you up isn’t me being rattled my friend. I just had to highlight the irony of the biggest whinger on here talking about moaning as it’s amusing to me.

Ps I hope the irony of you mentioning cages isn’t lost on you? :laugh:

No, and now you won’t:okay: Phew...

Anyway, more importantly, how is the Atom?

<Tommy>

No, and now you won’t:okay: Phew...

Anyway, more importantly, how is the Atom?

I have to say, calling you a big whinger was s little OTT... sorry mate... I got carried away... reading it back this morning it definitely didn’t sound the way I intended it too...straight on the plonk when I got home last night’s my only excuse... :blush:.

I actually thought you looked bloody strong on the ride yesterday too :smile:

The Atom is out of the box! It weighs an absolute ton which is reassuring. The build quality looks very decent on first impression. I had to hump it up to the second floor, one step at a time which took a while. It’s now sat in the man cave, set up apart from the peddles which I’ll need to pop out and buy today. I’d take a photo of it in position but it would expose the complete mess my spare room’s in... so for now this is as good as it gets....
552DF81C-0692-4DA4-A909-B4258E54A8A4.jpeg

I know there’s quite a few people who are interested in first impressions so hopefully I’ll be able to report back with a little more detail tonight.

<Tommy>

Also I need s bit of advice from @theboxers or someone else possibly.

I have one of the power plug(?) things, to give me good internet at the top of the house. At the time I was cheap and didn’t buy the one with a WiFi outlet/boost as well. Is there something I can buy to convert it to boost the WiFi? I don’t mean one of those socket plug in things that boost signal. We have those on 1st and 2nd floor and I don’t really think they’re 100% good. I mean something the works through the power line.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I have to say, calling you a big whinger was s little OTT... sorry mate... I got carried away... reading it back this morning it definitely didn’t sound the way I intended it too...straight on the plonk when I got home last night’s my only excuse... :blush:.

I actually thought you looked bloody strong on the ride yesterday too :smile:

The Atom is out of the box! It weighs an absolute ton which is reassuring. The build quality looks very decent on first impression. I had to hump it up to the second floor, one step at a time which took a while. It’s now sat in the man cave, set up apart from the peddles which I’ll need to pop out and buy today. I’d take a photo of it in position but it would expose the complete mess my spare room’s in... so for now this is as good as it gets....
View attachment 383753

I know there’s quite a few people who are interested in first impressions so hopefully I’ll be able to report back with a little more detail tonight.

No worries Tommy.

Looking forward to feedback on the Atom

<Tommy>

This is the one I have already.

91E44293-EE51-4008-9593-1CAA8DD5EC78.png

Same brand but with a plug on the front. I’m sort of hoping I can just buy another plug that works with this unit so I can still use it. But I’m struggling to find it... might ask in John Lewis later while buying a plastic Christmas tree

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You can’t go shopping ,Your got to wait in for another huge parcel !
Atom looks well impressive in the box !
Back home now away from the m25 and frantically searching the medicine cabinet for any Valium knocking about
There must have been a meeting of the motorway appreciation club going on on the m25 Friday night with every member attending bringing a guest motor with them ! Never ever have I seen so many cars
Good to meet up with you all and have to admit Bob did have a turn of speed about him
Amazing what happens when you keep the wheels on the tarmac :okay:^_^
When Andy goes to Rutland maybe we could all have a ride round there for a day when it’s not quite so damp

<Tommy>

You can’t go shopping ,Your got to wait in for another huge parcel !

Home already?! Blimey you don’t hang about :smile:.

Parcel already intercepted at the door mate! :thumbsup:

The driver was good enough to ring me with advanced warning ^_^. It arrived just as I was serving the missus breakfast in bed. What are the odds Berty! :angel: .

A charmed life indeed...

<Tommy>

Tommy you buy them in pairs, they are preconfigured to connect to each other

Yeah this is the ‘problem’ I’m having. I bought the original as a pair. They call it a “starter pack”, implying you can add to it later. But now I can’t find an add on. I have found an add on that is 300mpbs. I can’t tell if it compatible. I’m assuming it is but not a big fan of assumptions... also my system is 1200 so shame to downgrade, although both you and Bob say you’re happy with yours. Bleh.. proper 1st world problem this! I’ll try not to clog the thread with this boring stuff anymore!

Last edited:
Top Bottom