Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alongo

Guru
Trying to do them all but there are 2 main books and I have the Yorkshire book too.

So far I've done:

100 Climbs - 13/100
Another 100 Climbs - 4/100
Cycling Climbs of Yorkshire - 18/75

I've done all the close ones now and didn't drive to any during lockdown so my progress is a little slow - hoping to pick the pace up in summer and get half of the Yorkshire book done this year.
If you fancy , maybe we could tackle the West Yorkshire ones together. The four around Halifax could be done in one ride , a couple of interesting cobbled ones too ,also the four around Holmfirth could be done in one ride . Possibly could bag a few of the North Peak District ones too .

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
If you fancy , maybe we could tackle the West Yorkshire ones together. The four around Halifax are quite interesting cobbled climbs and could be done in one ride , also the four around Holmfirth could be done in one ride . Possibly could bag a few of the North Peak District ones too .
View attachment 586234

That sounds like a plan! Once I'm back from Kent I'll message you 👍

mjd1988

Guru

View: https://youtu.be/KIvCPEfBT3s

First few minutes top esport riders saying how bad the new drafting algorithm in Zwift is, especially for lighter riders and TTT pack dynamics . I must admit , I prefer the older algorithm.

Interesting. I avoided the draft dynamic lately by using a gravel bike (!!!) But did think it was easier for breakaways but then I'm heavier so maybe it's helping me more. RGT dynamics feel more realistic tbh

Del C

Veteran
If you were that close after being 'dropped' and not losing time, the team really should have let you get back on as you would have then expended less energy back in the blob. I know I was a unlucky last night, but this is what we always try to do, as it lets the group go that smidge faster as 6 than 5 (or 4).
Yes I thought that at the time, but you have to make these calls quickly, and I didn't.

I should have shouted early but just decided to work to get back on. The obvious problem was I'm 1 guy a second back from a group of 5 being pulled along by 3 strong B riders. I did pretty well to hold the gap at 1s, probably for around 20 to 30s.

My fault, but once I'd made the mistake and burnt some matches, I just had to shout to them to go on. They did say to keep going as they needed me back on, but by that time I needed a rest. By that time, I didn't want them to wait for me as I thought that was just going to slow them down.

As I said, after a short recovery I rode pretty well solo to the end. That sort of adds to the point that I should have called it early.

BurningLegs

Veteran
My first ride (and any meaningful exercise at all) in two weeks this evening after a vasectomy. Did a ToW ride (race!) on Serpentine and didn't think about or notice the under carriage at all through the event, so a successful come back. Sign me up for ZRL next week :okay:

A little depressing to see the stats afterwards though:
  • 46 minutes at an average heart rate of 190 BPM :eek::blink:
  • Power down approx 5% - not too worried about that, I think it will come back pretty quick (aerobic capacity seems to have gone, so expect power to return with it)
  • Weight up 3KG so approx 5% - two weeks of no exercise and a bit of comfort food :hungry:

It really bloody hurt and I was gasping for breath at the end, but got 12th out of 180ish on Zwift. Ride hasn't appeard on Zwiftpower for some reason.

bobinski

Legendary Member
My first ride (and any meaningful exercise at all) in two weeks this evening after a vasectomy. Did a ToW ride (race!) on Serpentine and didn't think about or notice the under carriage at all through the event, so a successful come back. Sign me up for ZRL next week :okay:

• Power down approx 5% - not too worried about that, I think it will come back pretty quick (aerobic capacity seems to have gone, so expect power to return with it)
  • Weight up 3KG so approx 5% - two weeks of no exercise and a bit of comfort food :hungry:

It really bloody hurt and I was gasping for breath at the end, but got 12th out of 180ish on Zwift. Ride hasn't appeard on Zwiftpower for some reason.

190bpm?!? Sounds like the most excitement you have had in, err, 2 weeks 😁

Joffey

Big Dosser
  • Weight up 3KG

Did they pop some weights in your testicles whilst you weren't looking? :laugh:

Joffey

Big Dosser

In all seriousness though it's good that you are back riding Nick 👍👍👍

Marino.g

Veteran
If you fancy , maybe we could tackle the West Yorkshire ones together. The four around Halifax could be done in one ride , a couple of interesting cobbled ones too ,also the four around Holmfirth could be done in one ride . Possibly could bag a few of the North Peak District ones too .
View attachment 586234
I’ve done the Craggs vale climb and it was very enjoyable.
The hardest one was the hill leading up to Hepton Stall where my brother lives who now Chefs at one of the two pubs in the village.
Let me know when you’re doing the Halifax area climbs as it’s about time I visited him up there if Boris allows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom