Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Everyone on #23 pushed to their limit last night. Pretty tough all round. Everyone gave it everything. Last few miles it was down to four and the radio went a bit quiet!

can’t remember did we come 6th or 7th?

One ahead of team @Del C I believe.
1619601785502.png

Legs

1619601842519.png

Joffey

Big Dosser
Let’s see..Star lane as an amuse bouche and there’s a few more that will get those legs stinging.

My menu of climbs is:

1 - Yorks Hill (#15)
2 - Toys Hill (#20)
3 - Chalkpit Lane (#117)
4 - White Lane (#16)
5 - The Wall (#19)
6 - Ashdown Forest (#115)

Brackets are the climb number in the books. Hoping to do 1-4 and 5-6 in 2 rides. They are abut an house away from Ashford so not too much of a trek in the van :biggrin:

Legs

I was going to say that, if you're going as far afield as the Ashdown Forest, you should do Kidd's Lane (The Wall). The last stage of the Surrey CRL Revolutions 5-day stage race used to go up there 3 times in 75 miles!

This time trial around Withyham also went up The Wall, and it's the only time I've ever been featured on cyclingnews! Surely that can't have been 20 years ago!

Alongo

Guru
My menu of climbs is:

1 - Yorks Hill (#15)
2 - Toys Hill (#20)
3 - Chalkpit Lane (#117)
4 - White Lane (#16)
5 - The Wall (#19)
6 - Ashdown Forest (#115)

Brackets are the climb number in the books. Hoping to do 1-4 and 5-6 in 2 rides. They are abut an house away from Ashford so not too much of a trek in the van :biggrin:
Are you on a mission to complete them all, how many have you done and what areas are left to do .

Joffey

Big Dosser
Are you on a mission to complete them all, how many have you done and what areas are left to do .

Trying to do them all but there are 2 main books and I have the Yorkshire book too.

So far I've done:

100 Climbs - 13/100
Another 100 Climbs - 4/100
Cycling Climbs of Yorkshire - 18/75

I've done all the close ones now and didn't drive to any during lockdown so my progress is a little slow - hoping to pick the pace up in summer and get half of the Yorkshire book done this year.

Del C

Veteran
Everyone on #23 pushed to their limit last night. Pretty tough all round. Everyone gave it everything. Last few miles it was down to four and the radio went a bit quiet!

can’t remember did we come 6th or 7th?

One ahead of team @Del C I believe.
Yeah one ahead of us.

I got dropped around half way. I think just down to a bit of tiredness and a loss of concentration. I was in the group up Northumberland Avenue, St James and through the Underpass and then got gapped through the set of bends that follow the Underpass! I was 1 second back for a long time but just couldn’t close the gap.

We had 3 strong B riders and then 3 mid to low B riders so it was hard to keep together. We lost another in Richmond Park but managed to get 4 home.

A bit annoying for me as I continued to ride pretty well after I’d recovered. Base fitness is good. Just couldn’t quite hold the wheel at a critical point, although I felt a bit better when I heard one of our guys sat he’d hit a new FTP of 290w! My 20 minute power was 3.6w/kg so not too bad really.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Trying to do them all but there are 2 main books and I have the Yorkshire book too.

So far I've done:

100 Climbs - 13/100
Another 100 Climbs - 4/100
Cycling Climbs of Yorkshire - 18/75

I've done all the close ones now and didn't drive to any during lockdown so my progress is a little slow - hoping to pick the pace up in summer and get half of the Yorkshire book done this year.

Nice one.

I like the whole 100 Climbs thing and have done a few:

100 Climbs 22
Another 100 Climbs 20

Have you got the APP? I really like it and can recommend it - only a few quid I think.

Norry1

Legendary Member
It has all the climbs on a map - click on them and get the details and description plus all the attempts you've had (from Strava).

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeah one ahead of us.

I got dropped around half way. I think just down to a bit of tiredness and a loss of concentration. I was in the group up Northumberland Avenue, St James and through the Underpass and then got gapped through the set of bends that follow the Underpass! I was 1 second back for a long time but just couldn’t close the gap.

We had 3 strong B riders and then 3 mid to low B riders so it was hard to keep together. We lost another in Richmond Park but managed to get 4 home.

A bit annoying for me as I continued to ride pretty well after I’d recovered. Base fitness is good. Just couldn’t quite hold the wheel at a critical point, although I felt a bit better when I heard one of our guys sat he’d hit a new FTP of 290w! My 20 minute power was 3.6w/kg so not too bad really.
If you were that close after being 'dropped' and not losing time, the team really should have let you get back on as you would have then expended less energy back in the blob. I know I was a unlucky last night, but this is what we always try to do, as it lets the group go that smidge faster as 6 than 5 (or 4).

Top Bottom