Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Don't think much of Kruswicks custom paint job, but at least his socks are below maximum length:eek:
tVUiRhRtQcZ3CGyegmXKAn-1280-80.jpg.webp

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ouch!!!!
1624968343014.png

steverob

Guru
Not a TdF spoiler!

Taken from the WTRL website today:

Autocat Test Events
WTRL and Zwift are working together with a multitude of Zwifter's ideas and feedback, to test and trial several potential new Zwifter Category systems. This is no easy task! Prior to the Classics and during the Zwift Classics, we will be employing a test version of an auto-categorization system with the following factors in mind:
  1. 6 Rider Classes based on average racing speeds.
  2. 20min, 5min and 1min power ratings.
  3. Race Results and course difficulty based ELO system that influences category upgrade/downgrade as well as providing a ranking system.
We will be testing 1 and 2 from above initially and we hope to see some of the most competitive racing classes available today with a reduction (to ZERO) in the number of incorrect category or sandbagging riders influencing races unsportingly. It is early days though!
Why speed and not power?
There are many factors at work in racing - fitness/endurance, abillity, power to weight ratio, height and drag factors, drafting time and abillity as well as several other variables. Zwifters can fine tune these factors but the outright result of this is speed and winning a race is about as much speed as possible with economical energy expenditure.
Here is what we ask of you...
  • Allow our software to calculate where it feels you should race.
  • Utilize the WTRL website to join the Test races. The events themselves are all Secret Events and each one will only have 1 pen in use (the 'A' pen).
  • We kindly ask that you do not share any www.zwift.com event links for these events. The Rider Classification system is very different. By all means share the link to this page with prospective racers and they can join for themselves.
  • Each Zwifter entering a test event should have completed at least 1 race in the last 30 days (more is better).
  • Race hard, race fair and by all means send us your feedback.
As always, WTRL will be available to support you should you have any questions, concerns or difficulties.

The test events so far seem to be limited to invited guests and members of specific clubs (none of which I am in) so I haven't posted that part, but there might be an open test at some point later possibly. All very interesting anyway...

Spartak