Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Just entered my 1st Duathlon.
2km run, 15km bike, 2km run, a local race at Tockington School in September.

Run section is 3 laps of the school playing field then out onto a flat cycle section down to Pilning, then back for 3 more laps of the school field.

I should do okay my only concern is the transition ! Changing from running shoes to cleats & back again...

That sounds a lot of fun apart from the running... :okay:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Just entered my 1st Duathlon.
2km run, 15km bike, 2km run, a local race at Tockington School in September.

Run section is 3 laps of the school playing field then out onto a flat cycle section down to Pilning, then back for 3 more laps of the school field.

I should do okay my only concern is the transition ! Changing from running shoes to cleats & back again...
Excellent! :becool:

Elastic laces (with an optional toggle) will speed the transition. Practice will help the wobbly legs.

Good luck!

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
That sounds like a much better ratio than most duathlons I've seen, which (in my opinion) always seem to be weighted too heavily in favour of the runners. The first I ever entered had two 5k runs split by a 20km bike ride - there was also a sprint distance version where each leg was half of the above, but frankly I couldn't be bothered if it was only 10km on the bike, that seemed like a waste of time to me - by the time I got up to speed, it'd be time to go back into transition!

Yeah the distances are perfect for me, a 2km run is doable then the 15km bike is on a section of road used by a local club for a TT which I know well, what the final 2km run will be like could be a steep learning curve for me, but that’s what it’s all about.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Never seen so many crashes

Last edited:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well, after all that I'm surprised that only three riders are out following the crashes today, pending further medical assessment tomorrow. Roglicz is going to have one hell of a bruised behind, and I don't know how they can be certain there is no fracture to his coccyx. I can see he continuing but riding standing for a couple of days. G survived, but when that shoulder swells it's going to hurt like feck! of course they are only allowed NSAIDs and not all of those ISTR ... Good job he's Welsh, hard we are! :laugh:

BurningLegs

Veteran
1624910845865.png

Norry1

Legendary Member
I was flicking through the Results Pages on the British Cycling Website, to see how a mate had done in his race last night - when I saw it also has Tour de France results in it - for the BC Riders. This produces an interesting (well I thought so) table of results/positioning for the British Riders.

1624955692655.png

This is the overall one, but it does it each day as well.

Top Bottom