Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was reading in the paper, that if Yorkshire was an independent country (I Wish) then it would come higher in Olympics than Canada, New Zealand and South Africa ^_^

Some comments were mentioning, bloody mindedness, strong as steel, coal workers, no nonsense characters

I reckon its the Tetley's bitter and tea. I was brought up on it :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The Netherlands are almost a laughing stock in the cycling events at this point, aren’t they?!

View attachment 601130
View attachment 601131
Where as Team Ineos have done quite well :whistle:

BurningLegs

Veteran
More meme material from the Dutch today, with one of their BNX riders hitting an official on track (official was foolishly trying to cross the track!) and a time trialist being physically pulled from her bike by an official during a test run before the race.

You couldn’t make it up!:wacko:

mjd1988

Guru
More meme material from the Dutch today, with one of their BNX riders hitting an official on track (official was foolishly trying to cross the track!) and a time trialist being physically pulled from her bike by an official during a test run before the race.

You couldn’t make it up!:wacko:

It is actually crazy isn't it?

Hoping to have first go on zwift in 2 months(!) Didn't quite feel that long. Back in C for the time being which will be fun!

Anyone racing this evening/any series races? Doesn't seem like much chat bout the classics races but maybe it's just that time of year

Last edited:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Anyone racing this evening/any series races? Doesn't seem like much chat bout the classics races but maybe it's just that time of year
It's too blooming hot :heat::heat: ... I'm getting the Zwift Classics rides in at 10:00, and last week it was up at 27C ... Crit City Race this morning in C5, couldn't hold onto the front group at all from the off, as they appeared to be Low B's. I stuck with a group for 9 1/2 of the 12 laps, but then Blew up and rode the last lap and a half on my own ... Avoided getting lapped by about 20 seconds :laugh::laugh: ... Did take a 9th place FTS though, which was a surprise ... Not bad for my first Crit race

mjd1988

Guru
Dutch cycling curse lifted at the Olympics...

Johnsop99

Veteran
It's too blooming hot :heat::heat: ... I'm getting the Zwift Classics rides in at 10:00, and last week it was up at 27C ... Crit City Race this morning in C5, couldn't hold onto the front group at all from the off, as they appeared to be Low B's. I stuck with a group for 9 1/2 of the 12 laps, but then Blew up and rode the last lap and a half on my own ... Avoided getting lapped by about 20 seconds :laugh::laugh: ... Did take a 9th place FTS though, which was a surprise ... Not bad for my first Crit race
Sorry forgot to post yesterday. Took part in the 0800 Crit City classic, Autocat dropped me from C4 to C5. Like @Aleman I managed to stay with the lead group for just over 9 laps before falling off. Scored intermediate points for the first time ever, 6th (3 laps), 8th (6 laps) and 4th (9 laps) before blowing and finishing 14th/24 on the road but 8th on overall points scored so quite happy with my performance considering my lack of experience in crit races.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
The conversion kit has eventually arrived. 🙂Only taken 4 months instead of 2. 😠
IMG-20210728-WA0003.jpeg

In the box
IMG-20210728-WA0005.jpeg

Attached and tested 👍
IMG-20210728-WA0008.jpeg

Will be riding with them outside tomorrow. To do a full test.

Look good to me and now I can off road with power 🤪

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I got mine from Sigma sports a couple of weeks ago. I'm not convinced they are happy about the conversion TBH. Seemed to be OK on Zwift in the Classics race last week, but looking at my IRL ride LHS is reporting 0W for a lot of the time 😭 I'll have to test the second pair 🤬

Oh it may be obvious, but make sure you put the LH pedal body on the LH spindle otherwise you can't clip in unless you sit on the saddle backwards ... Don't ask how I know!! 🤭

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I got mine from Sigma sports a couple of weeks ago. I'm not convinced they are happy about the conversion TBH. Seemed to be OK on Zwift in the Classics race last week, but looking at my IRL ride LHS is reporting 0W for a lot of the time 😭 I'll have to test the second pair 🤬
ETA
I had a similar issue with intermittant readings. I sorted it with a slip of paper, one layer, under the centre negative contact in the battery compatrment whilst running CR-1/3n cells. YMMV

Oh it may be obvious, but make sure you put the LH pedal body on the LH spindle otherwise you can't clip in unless you sit on the saddle backwards ... Don't ask how I know!! 🤭
Er yeah nearly got caught out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom