Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I agree, the two Olympic races have been exciting and show up the Pro tour to be a bit sterile in comparison. However money talks and the pro teams won't give up radios. Perhaps they should do a few test events, one day races would get my vote.

I think it’s the combination of the radios and all the metrics they have access to that help to suffocate the races sometimes. But I don’t think you’ll get the toothpaste back in the bottle now.

JuhaL

Guru
Did the Dutch team eventually congratulate the winner? Shameful behaviour. Lots of argument elsewhere about whether the rider blackboards were being updated but if that’s their response then they deserve not to have won.
I noticed the same thing. Dutch team only had a briefing after a finish what went wrong, no sign of good sportsman ship and congratulate.

steverob

Guru
I agree, the two Olympic races have been exciting and show up the Pro tour to be a bit sterile in comparison. However money talks and the pro teams won't give up radios. Perhaps they should do a few test events, one day races would get my vote.
Pretty sure they tried a 'no radios' rule for a stage of the TdF one year. The riders basically went on strike and neutralised the stage - no attacks, no breakaways, just rode round at a steady pace (albeit, steady for professional cycle riders, so still pretty fast) and finished all in one group. Any future stages planned to have the same rule were immediately abandoned.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Pidcock- Yes :notworthy::bravo::wahhey:

BurningLegs

Veteran
The Netherlands are almost a laughing stock in the cycling events at this point, aren’t they?!

A0AE5589-3F3A-4E76-A721-772217C23B34.jpeg

11946C21-3A33-45EB-9012-A9A966F6B541.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom