Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hehe this could be fun!
View attachment 619896

Legs stay in B and race with us next year! We all better for having you in the cc fold. It’s seemed to me that you’re better suited to B unless you really can’t turn down the super short races. I think your my height but with about 4kg less so I’m assuming you’re of the stick insect variety and won’t go lower! So unless you find a big power upgrade surely B is more fun? I think next year we gonna really kick ass and you should be in the squad 100% bud

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It's also worth bearing in mind that all rides and completed races are included in the 'rider phenotype' graphics. Whenever I'm racing, I'll barely manage 600-700W in the sprint finish, but I can easily peak at 1100W and managed my 15s average of 950W when 'rested' - it was recorded in a 'race' event, but I wasn't riding it competitively, just to bump up my stats! My all-time best minute was in this event, which I'd sacked off as a TT because I was well down on target after 10 minutes...

yeah that definitely a factor for me. I know if I’m rested pre sprint I can put out a bigger number than my 15s suggests. But if I’m cruising to the finish I don’t bother sprinting for minor places really so it’s unlikely I’m rested. And if I’m at the front it probably means I’m going to struggle to his that big number because I’m bartered and bruised. But generally I never did any work on my sprint. And I’ve been watching YouTube clips and there’s definitely little gains I could make just by putting more prep into the process. 20w at least! 😄

bridgy

Legendary Member
I know it messes with our own races but; View attachment 619893
Yeah just seen the email on that myself - how rude of them to schedule it to clash with the Tour De Splitters!

They do look like potentially fun to do and will be interesting to have their new autocat system in use - I'd be quite interested in having a go at that.

They aren't a series though as far as I can see, just individual standalone races, so is evryone OK to stick with our TDS plan for this Wednesday at least? Then, if people want to do this WTRL event on Wednesdays moving forward, maybe we can find a new day/time slot for Tour De Splitters?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
yeah that definitely a factor for me. I know if I’m rested pre sprint I can put out a bigger number than my 15s suggests. But if I’m cruising to the finish I don’t bother sprinting for minor places really so it’s unlikely I’m rested. And if I’m at the front it probably means I’m going to struggle to his that big number because I’m bartered and bruised. But generally I never did any work on my sprint. And I’ve been watching YouTube clips and there’s definitely little gains I could make just by putting more prep into the process. 20w at least! 😄
My bigger sprint numbers are not from the end of a race, but the first sprint prime in the recent WTRL series where the prime is worth points. So I'm rested too .... after a 50 minute or so race I can barely put out 6 w/kg in the last sprint, but the first prime I can get to 10+ (but then die afterwards :laugh: ). I guess it depends if you're after finishing places or points, and I tend to go for points in the series but placing in 'normal' races.

Legs is also right, the 15 second etc numbers are not the last 90 days ... sorry, I was referring to the cat numbers. The 15 second etc seem to be the best ever (or at least as recorded by ZP).

Whorty

Yeah just seen the email on that myself - how rude of them to schedule it to clash with the Tour De Splitters!

They do look like potentially fun to do and will be interesting to have their new autocat system in use - I'd be quite interested in having a go at that.

They aren't a series though as far as I can see, just individual standalone races, so is evryone OK to stick with our TDS plan for this Wednesday at least? Then, if people want to do this WTRL event on Wednesdays moving forward, maybe we can find a new day/time slot for Tour De Splitters?
Hey .. no bailing now peeps ... we have a nice flat course Wednesday this week and the 'bigger' boys want their revenge :laugh:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I'm personally doing that 'Danish disaster' race today and the TDS stage 2 on Wednesday. We can talk about rescheduling the latter next week if a lot of people want to do the WTRL event.

bridgy

Legendary Member
You're 3kg lighter and 9cm shorter than me Carl. Just saying....:whistle:
....which reminds me!! The other day I had to have my height accurately measured at my son's football club - they measured Mums and Dads to put the info into some algorithm that predicts your son's height when fully grown. They insist on measuring you themselves because apparently everyone says they're taller than they are :rolleyes:....and guess what - I'm actually 3cm shorter than I thought I was (maybe I've shrunk with age?!)

So I might update Zwiftpower with my new slightly more aerodynamic proportions ahead of Wednesday's speedy flat stage :addict:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm personally doing that 'Danish disaster' race today and the TDS stage 2 on Wednesday. We can talk about rescheduling the latter next week if a lot of people want to do the WTRL event.
I might join you guys in that DBR race tonight too - last time I did one of these Danish races I got well and truly battered so no hopes of doing well, but should be a good workout!

steverob

Guru
Legs is also right, the 15 second etc numbers are not the last 90 days ... sorry, I was referring to the cat numbers. The 15 second etc seem to be the best ever (or at least as recorded by ZP).
Are you talking about these graphs?

1638182627399.png

I think they might be 90 days, because my best ever 1 minute power is 435W and was set 12 months ago so doesn't appear, whereas the 398W listed is from 2 weeks ago. All my other ones are very recent - 20 mins and 5 mins are from the final round of WTRL just gone and my 15 sec was only set about a month back.

Whorty

Are you talking about these graphs?

View attachment 619918
I think they might be 90 days, because my best ever 1 minute power is 435W and was set 12 months ago so doesn't appear, whereas the 398W listed is from 2 weeks ago. All my other ones are very recent - 20 mins and 5 mins are from the final round of WTRL just gone and my 15 sec was only set about a month back.
Ah, ok, I couldn't see how these linked to the cat numbers ... I wish I had your 20 minute watts!!

Top Bottom