Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Ah, ok, I couldn't see how these linked to the cat numbers ... I wish I had your 20 minute watts!!
I think this is why I'm good in TTTs; I can put out a decent amount of watts and hold them for a long time. What I can't do is explode out of the pens (probably why my 1 minute is so poor) and so end up getting dropped down to the second or third group on the road within the first few km of every race we do.

I do have a reasonable short sprint, which is why my 15 sec power is okay, but I can only use that right at the end of a race - I completely blow up if I try to hold that for any longer (or attempt a sprint from a long way out). Did that in a race on Innsbruckring earlier this month - tried to go for some FTS points on the sprint on the second of three laps and while I got the time I was hoping for on that segment, it left me with nothing for the rest of the race and I limped home, dropped by the group I was with until then AND then unable to hold on to the group that caught me on the final lap.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think this is why I'm good in TTTs; I can put out a decent amount of watts and hold them for a long time. What I can't do is explode out of the pens (probably why my 1 minute is so poor) and so end up getting dropped down to the second or third group on the road within the first few km of every race we do.

I do have a reasonable short sprint, which is why my 15 sec power is okay, but I can only use that right at the end of a race - I completely blow up if I try to hold that for any longer (or attempt a sprint from a long way out). Did that in a race on Innsbruckring earlier this month - tried to go for some FTS points on the sprint on the second of three laps and while I got the time I was hoping for on that segment, it left me with nothing for the rest of the race and I limped home, dropped by the group I was with until then AND then unable to hold on to the group that caught me on the final lap.
As you know, my style is sprint and wheelsuck ..... can't do that in TT's so I struggle in those races. I'm pretty good at recovering, but then any workouts I do I focus on this as I know it's important in Zwift races. This helps me get out the pens, go into the red, then recover enough to then hang on to wheels etc. Taken me a few years though to get the body used to recovering in-race.

bobinski

Legendary Member
....which reminds me!! The other day I had to have my height accurately measured at my son's football club - they measured Mums and Dads to put the info into some algorithm that predicts your son's height when fully grown. They insist on measuring you themselves because apparently everyone says they're taller than they are :rolleyes:....and guess what - I'm actually 3cm shorter than I thought I was (maybe I've shrunk with age?!)

So I might update Zwiftpower with my new slightly more aerodynamic proportions ahead of Wednesday's speedy flat stage :addict:

:laugh:

I had to do a lung capacity test last year. The nurse measured my height at 173cm rather than the expected 175 cm. I did lower it in ZP but then had a red asterisk against the entry for so long i changed it back! Also, wasnt sure i wanted to be seen as nearly as short as berty ^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I can’t make tonight or Wednesday unfortunately. But if anyone’s around tomorrow evening I’ll race then

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Let’s just agree we’re all the same height and move on 👍
Shove off - I have it in writing
“The nurse measured my height at 173cm”
We are not just brushing that gem under the table !
AND the new blood is teeny tiny ( though I am not saying anything if he has his own tank )
With Whorty as well , I am nearly now above average height
What a wonderful Monday

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Shove off - I have it in writing
“The nurse measured my height at 173cm”
We are not just brushing that gem under the table !
AND the new blood is teeny tiny ( though I am not saying anything if he has his own tank )
With Whorty as well , I am nearly now above average height
What a wonderful Monday
At 72kg I'm far from tiny - just short ;) My first bib shorts arrived, I look like a midget version of a 1920s circus strongman that let himself go... The mirror is a good motivation :laugh:

Top Bottom