Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Once the ZRL concludes I'm taking a break from races. Happy to do some club events - like another TdS or that ITT that @bobinski proposed the other day - but that's about it.

I've been pushing pretty hard over the last 6.5 months and need a bit of rest. Come September I'll see where I am with form and decide if I want to do one more season as 'C' or go to 'B'.

Lightweight 😛

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I will be heading in a different direction too. I want to start weight training again. I will be riding maybe once a week on Zwift, but the rest hopefully will be easy distance riding outdoors
Doesn't have to be one or the other, Andy. Don't believe any of that 'cardio kills muscle' BS. I started proper weight training when I started cycling - lift weights 4 times a week. Good results on both fronts at the same time.

Lightweight 😛
Naaah, just small ;):laugh:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Once the ZRL concludes I'm taking a break from races. Happy to do some club events - like another TdS or that ITT that @bobinski proposed the other day - but that's about it.

I've been pushing pretty hard over the last 6.5 months and need a bit of rest. Come September I'll see where I am with form and decide if I want to do one more season as 'C' or go to 'B'.

Similar here. Our club weekly TTs started again this week on TUESDAY NIGHT. (But it rained HAHA - I was doing ZRL semi)
I will be doing mostly outdoor for the next few months, but still got about 9% of a Tron to earn before the start of the next season (hopefully).
Still love my 5-6 minute LaGuardia races too. Who knows? If it rains I might get some more use out of the turbo over the summer.
Got just under two weeks left to achieve a major 12 month goal, which I will brag about if I can complete it :laugh: (or cry about if I can't :wacko:).

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Doesn't have to be one or the other, Andy. Don't believe any of that 'cardio kills muscle' BS. I started proper weight training when I started cycling - lift weights 4 times a week. Good results on both fronts at the same time.

Naaah, just small ;):laugh:

I'd love to be able to do all of it, but being a young-un, you have a fair bit more resilience to recover.

I find I need more than a good nights sleep to get over an intense race or weight session these days.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob's officially retired, says he:whistle:

I have 😀
I am genuinely not interested in the explosive start of 45 min races that pretty much determines the outcome once the high V02 max peeps get away. Mainly sour grapes of course 😁 I can’t devotee enough time in between work and family to drag my V02 up from its already reasonably high level. And the recovery time needed then hits endurance riding.Its a shame there’s no appetite here for weekly TTT’s so I will join the ZsunR TTT’s late summer.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I know in the past, I've waxed lyrical about Z2. It certainly does have its place building a strong platform for other types of racing. I do enjoy these short high intensity events, even when I'm blown out of the back door. It also helps me medically to do regular HIT work, hence my weight training comments too.

Shame we won't see much of you on the start line for ZRL etc. Fully understand though:okay:

Top Bottom