Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I reckon the new turbo bikes with their solid frame allow far more power to be made, compared to a 'conventional' turbo setup. It seems a different method or action when trying to sprint outdoors to indoors. I'd like to have a go at sprinting on a Tacx, Wattbike, Stages bike to compare.

Would be really interesting to compare them side by side. For indoor sprinting I think, it's a question of practising again and getting used to it. (Which is going to be much harder while the weather is still nice - feel like a bit of a saddo going in the garage while the sun's shining :laugh:)

Interesting article by Hunter Allen here about the indoor/outdoor difference. Static bike, heat and motivation all seem to contribute. Interesting I noticed a performance spike last season when I added a second fan. I'm off to buy ten more :biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Interesting I noticed a performance spike last season when I added a second fan. I'm off to buy ten more :biggrin:

These work well.;) https://www.google.com/search?q=36+...biw=412&bih=750&dpr=2.63#imgrc=6IlgJNgNXkAP4M

Our Fig tree is packed this year and they are really nice as well. Great with a bit of kefir yogurt 👍

Norry,
You probably need some tips on how to maximize your sympathy. Wasting an opportunity on figs and yogurt is like riding in zone 1 when you could be pushing it. Try hey "honey how about a little extra whipped cream on that next sundae. But the chocolate Carmel ratio was just right. "

steverob

Guru
Remember that tomorrow night CCC are hosting a warm-up ride for ZRL at 19:30, but everyone who is in the CycleChat club on Zwift is welcome to join - just check the Companion App for the joining link. We'll only be racing the Epic KOM part (plus maybe doing an FTS challenge at the desert sprint) and taking the rest of the course easy - obviously you don't have to join us in doing that if you want to ride the whole thing at pace.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I’m looking forward to it. Should be good to see where everyone is at.

I will give it my all, and hope to see some B Cat numbers 👍

Also really looking forward to it. Can't wait. ^_^ Managed to make a platform for another fan yesterday without taking up any floor space, so that's a win. :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Remember that tomorrow night CCC are hosting a warm-up ride for ZRL at 19:30, but everyone who is in the CycleChat club on Zwift is welcome to join - just check the Companion App for the joining link. We'll only be racing the Epic KOM part (plus maybe doing an FTS challenge at the desert sprint) and taking the rest of the course easy - obviously you don't have to join us in doing that if you want to ride the whole thing at pace.

I'm racing the first stage of the DIRT Racing Series tonight, which starts at 18:45. I'm not sure when I'll be finished but it's not super long so I might have time to join you after the race (if I'm not completely destroyed by that point which is a distinct possibility!)

Top Bottom