Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Have a good one. Are you going eMTB or something else?

Used my steel Kona MTB. So glad , I dusted it off. The hills in places were 20% plus. Had to walk a few,

they were just too knarly to get up. Only a few eMtb got up the most severe climbs. Weather was great, all 4 of us had no mechanical issues. We had 6 falling off(doing a Bob)- fortunately mine were saved from a fall :biggrin:
Far more off road, than expected, with some really tough surfaces to deal with. There was a few miles of 2" limestone, house bricks, deep rutted green lanes, too narrow and deep to actually pedal. This is where my pals fell.

Knackered :B)

alex_cycles

Veteran
Used my steel Kona MTB. So glad , I dusted it off. The hills in places were 20% plus. Had to walk a few,
ouch

they were just too knarly to get up. Only a few eMtb got up the most severe climbs. Weather was great, all 4 of us had no mechanical issues. We had 6 falling off(doing a Bob)- fortunately mine were saved from a fall :biggrin:
Far more off road, than expected, with some really tough surfaces to deal with. There was a few miles of 2" limestone, house bricks, deep rutted green lanes, too narrow and deep to actually pedal. This is where my pals fell.

Knackered :B)

Well done. Sounds excellent. Couple of beers and a good rest for Tuesday :biggrin:

alex_cycles

Veteran
How long is that climb?. Looks like a good place for a climb training. Little bit rest and return back to start and repeat it again as long as you can climb to the top.

It's this one here https://www.strava.com/segments/6670867

Strava says 0.28km with 56m of ascent. Very quiet road, but the main issue is you're not supposed to go up the first section as it's one-way.
It's one the "100 climbs" but only 843 people have done it on Strava.

JuhaL

Guru
It's this one here https://www.strava.com/segments/6670867

Strava says 0.28km with 56m of ascent. Very quiet road, but the main issue is you're not supposed to go up the first section as it's one-way.
It's one the "100 climbs" but only 843 people have done it on Strava.

Yes I noticed afterwards that do not enter sign. Like you said quiet days it gives an opportunity climb that more than once if you have a leg to do that.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi Randy. Because it was so much unrecognised trails, Strava didn't accept it as a ride. The only way to plot a route was in walking mode on Strava. Even then Strava re plotted a few sections. :laugh:

Hi Andy - do you mean you plotted the route itself on Strava in advance and this is when it wouldn't allow you to plot it as a bike ride? Now the activity is recorded can you not edit it and change the activity to a ride, or is this not possible as you initially plotted it as a walk?

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
IME Strava assigns the activity type according to whatever mode my Forerunner was recording in, but I can override that in Strava afterwards. For plotting in advance, I prefer to use bikehike, or dwMap if I'm going to upload it onto my watch to follow.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi Andy - do you mean you plotted the route itself on Strava in advance and this is when it wouldn't allow you to plot it as a bike ride? Now the activity is recorded can you not edit it and change the activity to a ride, or is this not possible as you initially plotted it as a walk?

My mate plotted it on strava in walking mode. When I sent it to another mate, there were a few sections which strava must have changed, because he said on a couple of occasions we need to go left when the signs said carry on. My mate tried Komoot which was easier to plot, but wasn't confident of sending to others.

bridgy

Legendary Member
My mate plotted it on strava in walking mode. When I sent it to another mate, there were a few sections which strava must have changed, because he said on a couple of occasions we need to go left when the signs said carry on. My mate tried Komoot which was easier to plot, but wasn't confident of sending to others.

Ah right that makes sense. So could you now change the activity to a ride, even though it initially recorded it as a hike because of the way the route had been plotted?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Some of the major obstacles from yesterday's Viking event

Screenshot_20221003-140426_Chrome.jpg
:laugh:

Top Bottom