Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Some of the major obstacles from yesterday's Viking event

View attachment 663238 :laugh:

If bikes are badly stuck in a mud then that might be a good reason to go bikeshoping so maybe that happend intetionally .

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I agree, I would not have gone if the forecast was for rain.

The fact it was good weather and for the most of the course, dry, made it a great day out.

A different scenario riding in a downpour- not to mention doubly harder course.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My in-law on his Cube Ebike. He did very well, considering he is well down on fitness currently

You can see it was quite muddy from the mud sticking to his bikes downtube

20221002_115127.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I don't go to ride also if it's already raining but if it start middle of a ride then I don't mind. I have noticed that riding feels more efficient because there is more oxygen in the air, or at least it feels that way.

Same .. if I'm out already, so long as it doesn't go torrential, then I'll stay out. But I'm too pussy to start a ride if it's already raining .. don't want to spoil my hair :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Good news / bad news situation for the B team. But the bad news part is that we’re down to at least 5 for tonight. Possibly 4 :B).

If we weren’t doing so well in the league I prob wouldn’t ask, but we kind of are, so we’d be very grateful for some C team substitutions. Let’s face it, half of you should be in B anyway :hello:

Whorty

Actually work hard and lose a cushy c rating !! Be prepared to get inundated with applicants 👍😁😉

Hopefully one day you'll drop the snipes Lee, really not in the spirit of the forum. Everyone works hard every race. No one in C is there through not working as hard as they can. Quite a few of us are coming back from injuries or in my case still injured and due to see a physio and maybe need an operation.

I'd have loved to have not got injured, to have kept my fitness and still be mixing it up with the B sprinters but I can't. Maybe think of this before you post these comments eh?

Whorty

Good news / bad news situation for the B team. But the bad news part is that we’re down to at least 5 for tonight. Possibly 4 :B).

If we weren’t doing so well in the league I prob wouldn’t ask, but we kind of are, so we’d be very grateful for some C team substitutions. Let’s face it, half of you should be in B anyway :hello:

First thing you'll need to check is your roster - have you got a space to add anyone new? @Peter Salt would be perfect on a race like this for B if he isn't in/racing already. Can sprint and will hang on to the lead group.

Rest of us as Joffey says are mostly either D, or injured/coming back from injury. I can barely walk at the moment, although pain is less when I cycle so I'm cracking on until my physio appointment next week where I have a feeling they may tell me an operation on the achilles is a possibility .... but I'm hardly riding between Tuesday races so my fitness is way down (and I'm 5kg heavier).

I really should have stayed out of that mosh pit :B)

steverob

Guru

As CCC team captain I should chime in…

Having said that I don’t have a lot to add to what others have already said, but to clarify the situation, while we do have six riders signed up this week, that’s only because I arm-twisted two Ds into taking part (both of whom have intimated that if we did have any subs they would drop out). So we’re not exactly rich on resources ourselves this week.

At the end of the day if someone from CCC wants to help out, I’m very happy for them to do so, but I think at best you might only end up getting someone who is going to finish at the very back (which I have done for the B team once before - it was a tad lonely but 4 points was better than none!)

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Hopefully one day you'll drop the snipes Lee, really not in the spirit of the forum. Everyone works hard every race. No one in C is there through not working as hard as they can. Quite a few of us are coming back from injuries or in my case still injured and due to see a physio and maybe need an operation.

I'd have loved to have not got injured, to have kept my fitness and still be mixing it up with the B sprinters but I can't. Maybe think of this before you post these comments eh?

Whorty - this wasn’t a snipe it was a tongue in cheek comment - not aimed at you as I really don’t care what you are up to
Others are allowed to have a laugh and joke about making sure they don’t accidentally get promoted so why shouldn’t I be able to ?
Please don’t take it personal, you know that since you were bragging about ridiculing others in same cat as you for not being able to keep up I have made a point of trying to ignore a lot of what is said
I realised a long time ago that you can’t get on with everyone on cc , it’s a big group , so I ignore what I don’t like , maybe you should do the same and stop trying to censor
Wish you a speedy recovery x

Top Bottom