Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
DRS tonight was a "Team Time Race" - a really fun format. Normal mass start race on normal bikes etc. but scored for the team by where your 4th rider finishes.

Awaiting official results but looks like mine and @Girafitti 's team took the win.

Did you get a team together in the end @mjd1988 ? And how did you get on @alex_cycles ?

mjd1988

Guru
DRS tonight was a "Team Time Race" - a really fun format. Normal mass start race on normal bikes etc. but scored for the team by where your 4th rider finishes.

Awaiting official results but looks like mine and @Girafitti 's team took the win.

Did you get a team together in the end @mjd1988 ? And how did you get on @alex_cycles ?
Oh wow well done! Nah we were light a few riders so jumped on the splitters race but hopefully have enough next week

alex_cycles

Veteran

Well done. Awesome.

We had a fantastic race. Looking at the pre-race 5m power stats we knew we had a good chance today as we had 6 in the top 10 for 5m w/kg
On a race with a couple of 5 minute climbs. Game on.

We got 5 in a breakaway after the first KoM and had about 9s. Tried to TTT but they reeled us back in. They did have to work hard to catch us though. Then we sat in and did it again second time up :laugh: We had the first 5 across the line and 6 of the first 7. TTR in NY is something I love.
Did exactly the same thing last year :laugh: It's the best fun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/vAQ6q9AjO2c?si=l23_8mSbjtjUw9vx&t=350

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done. Awesome.

We had a fantastic race. Looking at the pre-race 5m power stats we knew we had a good chance today as we had 6 in the top 10 for 5m w/kg
On a race with a couple of 5 minute climbs. Game on.

We got 5 in a breakaway after the first KoM and had about 9s. Tried to TTT but they reeled us back in. They did have to work hard to catch us though. Then we sat in and did it again second time up :laugh: We had the first 5 across the line and 6 of the first 7. TTR in NY is something I love.
Did exactly the same thing last year :laugh: It's the best fun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/vAQ6q9AjO2c?si=l23_8mSbjtjUw9vx&t=350

Wow, sounds like a very dominant win! We had 6 or 7 in the front group after the first KOM but the difference was that front group was about 25 riders!

We tried to keep the pace high so that no one else caught us though, as not every team in the front group had 4 riders there - we even tried a team breakaway a couple of times but couldn't get it to stick so saved our matches for the second KOM

steverob

Guru
The trouble is that all the guides that used to tell you what bike to use, I have no idea whether they have been updated since they changed the CRR of dirt/gravel a few months back or not. If they are up to date, then they are saying the gravel bike will win by about 30 seconds over the MTB, which will win by 15 seconds over the Tron. If not, then it's anybody's game!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Really torn on bike choice having been bitten once on the sugr course which is 50/50 gravel and the gravel bike choice proved costly ,this course is 70/30 gravel ,I might play it safe with the Tron

I'm lazy, I'll stick with Tron. I don't know the course, but I assume it's tarmac first, then on to gravel? If so, the draft on the tarmac can get a good lead with less effort and that's hard to pull back on gravel (as the gravel bike will have been working much harder initially on tarmac). That's my past experience anyway, but all could have changed in the past 12 months since I last raced on gravel.

13 rider

Guru
The trouble is that all the guides that used to tell you what bike to use, I have no idea whether they have been updated since they changed the CRR of dirt/gravel a few months back or not. If they are up to date, then they are saying the gravel bike will win by about 30 seconds over the MTB, which will win by 15 seconds over the Tron. If not, then it's anybody's game!
The latest I found suggests the gravel bike is 15secs quicker over the Jungle loop ,some gravel wheels crr are 25% better on dirt but 50% slower on tarmac . The crux is the best climbing bike the grail best all round and the aspero best aero 🤔. Too many choices just to throw a spanner in the works the mountain bike is fractionally quicker on dirt but even slower on road .
The sugr race I did still had a neutralised start so half a short lead in on road was negated that's why I went for the gravel bike as I thought it would be quicker on the sugr descent and climb , Andy still dropped me on the descent on a Tron with steering and I couldn't close the gap on the climb ,got close but no cigar

steverob

Guru
I'm lazy, I'll stick with Tron. I don't know the course, but I assume it's tarmac first, then on to gravel? If so, the draft on the tarmac can get a good lead with less effort and that's hard to pull back on gravel (as the gravel bike will have been working much harder initially on tarmac). That's my past experience anyway, but all could have changed in the past 12 months since I last raced on gravel.
There is an early dirt section not far out of the pens before it returns to tarmac, then the main dirt section (and the climb) begins. Descent is also mainly on dirt, only tarmac right at the end. You then finish at the top of the dirt climb on the second lap.

steverob

Guru
Done some quick calculations based on a ZwiftInsider article and if the website I was using wasn't up to date with CRR, then the Tron and the best gravel bike would get about the same time - a few seconds difference (in favour of the Tron) at the very most. MTB a good 25 seconds behind both.

Top Bottom