Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
No pressure from me...honest.
I rode it yesterday and my quads hate me today.
New personal best on a summit perhaps?

JuhaL

Guru
Ha! No, supposed to be a gentle spin up and then pushed a bit too hard thinking I could set a goodish time before remembering Alp is probably best done with a consistent effort.
That Alpe du Zwift let you know very soon was it good idea ride that climb today or not. Sometimes determination might help to get there but there might be a price to pay too with a long recovery time.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
No pressure from me...honest.
I rode it yesterday and my quads hate me today.
Rode it 1.5 times today and I now need a lie down! Although I was in a training run so not actually on the 'hill' - even so, averaged 198 kickr watts over 2 hours 14 minutes of riding :biggrin: Averaged 211 watts on the first full climb. When you joined me Bob I was on an 'under', was hoping you'd hang on 20 seconds longer as I had an 'over' coming up and could have done with the help :B) A good training session though :bravo:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Rode it 1.5 times today and I now need a lie down! Although I was in a training run so not actually on the 'hill' - even so, averaged 198 kickr watts over 2 hours 14 minutes of riding :biggrin: Averaged 211 watts on the first full climb. When you joined me Bob I was on an 'under', was hoping you'd hang on 20 seconds longer as I had an 'over' coming up and could have done with the help :B) A good training session though :bravo:
Well done carl

rob01792

Über Member

Well done i could just about manage 1 time up there this morning i was about 5 mins slower than last time but ive put that down the the fact i done almost 75miles with 5.5k ft of climbing yesterday but it still annoying to see i was slower at the moment im not looking forward to the DD unless it starts coming together in the next week

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Well done i could just about manage 1 time up there this morning i was about 5 mins slower than last time but ive put that down the the fact i done almost 75miles with 5.5k ft of climbing yesterday but it still annoying to see i was slower at the moment im not looking forward to the DD unless it starts coming together in the next week

Rob honestly it’s going to be tough after a big effort the day before. It is for me anyway! My advice for the DD would be to have at least 5 days off the bike before hand. That’s what I always do before a big ride and it really does work wonders mate.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
With the real world riding you're doing Rob you should be fine. Im looking for a nice and steady DD this year. As Tommy says, a good few days rest before the big day and you'll be fresh and strong. Less than 2 weeks now :eek:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Rob - your clanking in the elevation and the miles - I don’t think the DD will ever be easy but you are definitely making it easier. Throw some rest days in the mix and rest 4 or 5 days before dd and you will be buzzing

bobinski

Legendary Member
Tommy, GPlama has a YouTube review of the Atom. It’s pretty noisey. Watching what happens at 20 mins on sprints has made me realise how frustrating you have found using the Atom.

Top Bottom