Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Still hungover?

:biggrin:

peterob

Veteran
Can I be cheeky Pete .... where there is an estimated time because someone hasn't completed a stage can you add that into the table, but maybe highlight it red or something so we can see it's an estimate? :okay:
Done! Where someone has been given the max completed time for a stage, this is highlighted in red.

I've added Chris's stage 6 time, but Aleman's isn't showing yet.

Martyn - no DQ's here! It's really not a race you know :tongue:
Right...I'd better get ready for stage 6 myself :hyper:

TdZ.png

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Does that mean I can keep my stage 1 time, and only have to do Stage 4 on the Make up Days :evil::evil:

1:31:08 Sorry Chris ... it was actually 1:30:36 under the banner, but Zwiftpower added on a few second :cry: xx(xx( I was really trying to hold it to 1:30 :something. Had to back it off at turn 5, I was toast and didn't have a gel or anything ... up until then pretty consistent watts for each segment

Nebulous

Guru
Well that was tough! About 1:50 I'm still not sure that the dumb turbo equates to my flux. There were times I seemed to be passing people where I wouldn't have expected to, and then times where more people than I expected were passing me. It was strange not having any change in the resistance as well. I just picked a gear I could turn reasonably well at a cadence of 90 and stuck with it. A bit like a time trial on a very flat course. Towards the end, as I was tiring, I mixed it up a bit, going up a gear and reducing the cadence for a while for instance.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Done! Where someone has been given the max completed time for a stage, this is highlighted in red.

I've added Chris's stage 6 time, but Aleman's isn't showing yet.

Martyn - no DQ's here! It's really not a race you know :tongue:
Right...I'd better get ready for stage 6 myself :hyper:

View attachment 448029
Cheers Pete :okay:

Whorty

Does that mean I can keep my stage 1 time, and only have to do Stage 4 on the Make up Days :evil::evil:

1:31:08 Sorry Chris ... it was actually 1:30:36 under the banner, but Zwiftpower added on a few second :cry: xx(xx( I was really trying to hold it to 1:30 :something. Had to back it off at turn 5, I was toast and didn't have a gel or anything ... up until then pretty consistent watts for each segment
I watched you on the first few segments and you was flying .... still a great time though. Everyone put me in my place :B)

I'll going to have another pop in the catch up days as I kept getting stuck in the 'sticky' draft yesterday and losing speed. Not sure what the impact was, but want to try it again with less riders.

As for your stage 1 time ..... nah, do it again :rofl: Actually, I'd like to do my stage 1 again too as I did it when I was technically dead, so I'd like to gain a minute on that. So I'll aim to do stage 6 day 1 catch up, then have a pop at stage 1 on day 2 catch up.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I watched you on the first few segments and you was flying .... still a great time though. Everyone put me in my place :B)

I'll going to have another pop in the catch up days as I kept getting stuck in the 'sticky' draft yesterday and losing speed. Not sure what the impact was, but want to try it again with less riders.

As for your stage 1 time ..... nah, do it again :rofl: Actually, I'd like to do my stage 1 again too as I did it when I was technically dead, so I'd like to gain a minute on that. So I'll aim to do stage 6 day 1 catch up, then have a pop at stage 1 on day 2 catch up.
Carl I noticed the other day going up ADZ that I got caught by the sticky draft if my watts/kg was 0.5 watts or less different to the person in front - if I was more than 0.5 w/kg higher than them I just went straight past. So give it a little extra dig if you can if you're approaching someone and your w/kg is only slightly more than theirs - not scientific but it seemed to work for me

Perky77

Nope to disqualification- this is all fun and pain. Just reset the trainer after you start Zwift ( turn off then on) just in case it is giving you some fairy dust. And if it isn’t then well done!
Thanks everyone. I’ll reset it next time I go on by unplugging when first set up.
It certainly hurt! I’m walking around like John Wayne

Whorty

Carl I noticed the other day going up ADZ that I got caught by the sticky draft if my watts/kg was 0.5 watts or less different to the person in front - if I was more than 0.5 w/kg higher than them I just went straight past. So give it a little extra dig if you can if you're approaching someone and your w/kg is only slightly more than theirs - not scientific but it seemed to work for me
That's what I see too, problem is when the hill is crowded and a constant flow I can power past one only to get caught by he next one. It fecks me off when I'm going 12/13 kph then suddenly get sucked into a draft and drop to 10kph, to then crawl past the rider and speed to increase to 13 kph and for it to happen again, and again. I'm hoping next time I do the Alpe there will be enough riders on the re-run to pace me, but not so many that my speed is constantly halted.

JuhaL

Guru
Stage 6 1:32 dead. With drivo2 i ride Alpe du Zwift nearly 8min slower than with Bkool Smart Pro1. I am gonna do my best to remove that PR in history someday. I set trainer difficulty somewhere 20-25% and it worked well, chain was in a bigger chainring all the time.

Top Bottom