Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Updated the table following this lunchtimes ride....

That was tough! :eek: I went fast with the front pack to the base of the climb and tried to maintain the power (~300W) that I was able to do last time I climbed the Alpe. Unfortunately that didn't last long! I had to ease off in the middle part of the climb to ensure that I made it to the top and only pushed on again in the last couple of miles. @LBHIFI - I didn't see you pass me or I may have tried harder at the end! (it looks like there was only 20 secs between us).

I need to be realistic and realise I'm not at the level I was back in November (I was over 5 mins and 25W slower than I was on the same course then). I think they say that it takes twice as long than the time you had off to get back to your previous level. But maybe that's for professional athletes! :laugh:. Small steps.

Well done everyone! Some seriously good efforts there :notworthy:

TdZ.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
xx( Not a stage for us “larger” lads
Smashed me by 2 mins ... feck, my time was slow :cry::laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Stage 6 1:32 dead. With drivo2 i ride Alpe du Zwift nearly 8min slower than with Bkool Smart Pro1. I am gonna do my best to remove that PR in history someday. I set trainer difficulty somewhere 20-25% and it worked well, chain was in a bigger chainring all the time.

Excellent time!

You can make that bkool time private today:okay:

Know wh
Smashed me by 2 mins ... feck, my time was slow :cry::laugh:
at you mean about that sticky draft though mate. I was getting caught by all the ones that went too hard and started to struggle. When your on your limit anyway it takes it right out of you trying to up power to get past and you loose all rythem. Anyway it’s done. :cheers:
Win or loose on the booze and all that

bridgy

Legendary Member
That's what I see too, problem is when the hill is crowded and a constant flow I can power past one only to get caught by he next one. It fecks me off when I'm going 12/13 kph then suddenly get sucked into a draft and drop to 10kph, to then crawl past the rider and speed to increase to 13 kph and for it to happen again, and again. I'm hoping next time I do the Alpe there will be enough riders on the re-run to pace me, but not so many that my speed is constantly halted.
Yeah that's a fair point when it's really crowded. The sticky draft thing on Zwift is a poor feature I think Probably put in to help stay in the draft due to the fact that your resistance doesn't change to give you more of a "feel" for it - but as you say it's particularly annoying on uphill sections. I miss the way the draft effect worked in bkool which was much more realistic and easier to use.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It also has a sticky effect when you are on the outside, stuck next to the rider beside you and you want to move a few bike lengths forward to get into a riders/ group draft. You are faced with the suggestion you get in the draft but you are putting out enough watts to get in but you are stuck! The only way is to put down more watts than you should need.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Updated the table following this lunchtimes ride....

That was tough! :eek: I went fast with the front pack to the base of the climb and tried to maintain the power (~300W) that I was able to do last time I climbed the Alpe. Unfortunately that didn't last long! I had to ease off in the middle part of the climb to ensure that I made it to the top and only pushed on again in the last couple of miles. @LBHIFI - I didn't see you pass me or I may have tried harder at the end! (it looks like there was only 20 secs between us).

I need to be realistic and realise I'm not at the level I was back in November (I was over 5 mins and 25W slower than I was on the same course then). I think they say that it takes twice as long than the time you had off to get back to your previous level. But maybe that's for professional athletes! :laugh:. Small steps.

Well done everyone! Some seriously good efforts there :notworthy:

View attachment 448054
I didn't see any Cyclechat'ers. I was expecting to see the CC'ers in the "Zwifters you follow" view, but it doesn't seem to work :sad:

Top Bottom