Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Cracking result and time Pete:okay:

I died by a thousand cuts on lap 2, Watts drained away on the climb, struggled to hang with a group. The second attempt at the kleiner Hugel was a disaster, legs gave way half way up and i was doing all i could in little bursts to keep away from those behind me . Hung on for dear life till the end, but had enough to pip a German rider in a sprint who had chased me for 3 miles

peterob

Veteran
Mr Robinson smashing it!
Not sure about smashing it, but that felt a lot better than stage 6 :smile:.

I managed to keep my HR from spiralling out of control on the first ascent, pushed it to stay in with a small group at the top of the 2nd ascent to make sure I could then draft down the descent. I then worked hard to stay with a fast group to the end.

Although they're complaining, the legs and lungs are starting to feel like they're getting back to pre-holiday levels :dance:

And Zwift has given me an ftp boost!
ftp.png

JuhaL

Guru
I am not surprised if previous stages doesn't feel in legs. I have ride every day in Zwift after stage 6 knowing that i suppose to rest few days. We are not professionals, aging issues. Anyway Paul ride very well again 1:24 and something. We should be happy that we can manage that well.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I don’t know why but I really love the climb though possibly love the reverse even more. It’s a cracking course. And that little bump in the town :smile:

JuhaL

Guru
I have start to increase virtual climbs/mountains my free rides after turn of the year. I know the results doesn't appear instantly but in a long term i am more hopeful.

kipster

Guru
For the B ride is was 43:29.

It appears that A riders where approx 5% to 8% slower on lap two.

At 10% for a penalty that would've been 4:33 slower for me, making a time of 48:02 for lap two, and a total 1h 31m 31s for the spreadsheet.

It puts me over a minute slower than Dean, which feels right as he was 3 seconds faster up the Alpe.

Does that seem fair?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
One lap for me at 48-33i think. Was trying to catch Whorty but he stayed away:smile:
I knew you was behind me somewhere as I went past you on the flat section leading into the first KoM. I may have then pushed too hard on that first climb to stay ahead - first lap was 47:56 and second lap, where I died on my @rse up that climb, was 53:14 :B) Quite enjoyed that, and thought I'd set an OK time, but @mjd1988 and @bert1971 (who was in my ride but I never saw him) once again destroyed my time :surrender:

I'm really not a goat :laugh:

Some good times so far ... well done everyone :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Cracking result and time Pete:okay:

I died by a thousand cuts on lap 2, Watts drained away on the climb, struggled to hang with a group. The second attempt at the kleiner Hugel was a disaster, legs gave way half way up and i was doing all i could in little bursts to keep away from those behind me . Hung on for dear life till the end, but had enough to pip a German rider in a sprint who had chased me for 3 miles

Lots of PB’s Andy:thumbsup:

bobinski

Legendary Member
For the B ride is was 43:29.

It appears that A riders where approx 5% to 8% slower on lap two.

At 10% for a penalty that would've been 4:33 slower for me, making a time of 48:02 for lap two, and a total 1h 31m 31s for the spreadsheet.

It puts me over a minute slower than Dean, which feels right as he was 3 seconds faster up the Alpe.

Does that seem fair?

Nope.
Have a proper crack tomorrow :okay:

Top Bottom