Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That was much worse than the alpe!

Got home a bit early as the snow was belting down and got a v short warm up, which i would definitely recommend...especially for those who are near me on the *not a race* leaderboard. ehem.

Sprinted to front at start, terrible idea as I wasn't expecting the hill so fast xx( which seems to last forever. Had to freewheel down which was good for recovery. Didn't settled into a group until the 2nd lap, and stuck with 3 people for most of it, but felt more comfortable as I didn't have to deal with people flying past me like the first lap, really mentally sapping.

Good luck everyone!
I had a good first lap, loads of PBs, including a KoM. 2nd lap though, I think I was stationary at times on that climb given the number of riders going past me :banghead:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Cracking ride @peterob. 1:24:27 for me which was pretty much all I had as I could feel my legs were on the verge of cramping by the end. Gave it all up hill both times, and the downhill and flat bit in between was just a matter of riding in the small group I ended up with. Average of 300 watts first time up the hill and 277 second which I'm very happy with.

Also very happy to have FINALLY unlocked the tron bike :wahhey:

JuhaL

Guru
It doesn't help me much if i read your comment how it goes after your rides :cry:. I suffer already anticipate how it goes :blush:.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I had a good first lap, loads of PBs, including a KoM. 2nd lap though, I think I was stationary at times on that climb given the number of riders going past me :banghead:

Carl , its not you, its the course. I too had a bad second lap lost lots of power. I had a look at Pete/Pauls rides and they too had a poor second lap relative to their first

I knew you was behind me somewhere as I went past you on the flat section leading into the first KoM. I may have then pushed too hard on that first climb to stay ahead - first lap was 47:56 and second lap, where I died on my @rse up that climb, was 53:14 :B) Quite enjoyed that, and thought I'd set an OK time, but @mjd1988 and @bert1971 (who was in my ride but I never saw him) once again destroyed my time :surrender:

I'm really not a goat :laugh:

Some good times so far ... well done everyone :okay:
It seems I done a lot better than I thought I had. Smashed my previous time up there. I think I got a bit lucky towards the top of the climb on first lap. Latched on to a b group who were obviously going a lot harder than I would have and they dragged me to the second lap.

mjd1988

Guru
I knew you was behind me somewhere as I went past you on the flat section leading into the first KoM. I may have then pushed too hard on that first climb to stay ahead - first lap was 47:56 and second lap, where I died on my @rse up that climb, was 53:14 :B) Quite enjoyed that, and thought I'd set an OK time, but @mjd1988 and @bert1971 (who was in my ride but I never saw him) once again destroyed my time :surrender:

I'm really not a goat :laugh:

Some good times so far ... well done everyone :okay:

Destroyed by a whole minute...:laugh: Given that our W/kg was the same I'd say any difference was luck with groups

Whorty

Carl , its not you, its the course. I too had a bad second lap lost lots of power. I had a look at Pete/Pauls rides and they too had a poor second lap relative to their first
That 2nd climb was painful, watching riders go past and not being able to respond. I'm just glad I didn't know Brendan was up the road else I may have killed myself trying to catch him xx(

Breedon

Legendary Member
For the B ride is was 43:29.

It appears that A riders where approx 5% to 8% slower on lap two.

At 10% for a penalty that would've been 4:33 slower for me, making a time of 48:02 for lap two, and a total 1h 31m 31s for the spreadsheet.

It puts me over a minute slower than Dean, which feels right as he was 3 seconds faster up the Alpe.

Does that seem fair?
Sounds okay to me

peterob

Veteran
Some really good rides this evening, particular considering a tough course coming soon after the Alpe at the weekend.

I've updated the spreadsheet, with single lap riders (only @kipster so far) being given a 2nd lap time equal to 110% of their first.

@bridgy has taken over at the top of the table and looks set to stay there unless Lee can squeeze out some top performances on the make-up days after he gets back from hurtling down Alpes. There's been a bit of movement lower down and it's great to see it being close and competitive top to bottom. :bravo:

Well done everyone!

TdZ.png

Whorty

It seems I done a lot better than I thought I had. Smashed my previous time up there. I think I got a bit lucky towards the top of the climb on first lap. Latched on to a b group who were obviously going a lot harder than I would have and they dragged me to the second lap.
I'd like to use the excuse that was why you beat me by 2 mins .... but I had the same fortune :okay: Bit of a shock though when we got to the finish line and they all bailed and only 3 of us were left riding to the start of the KoM :crazy: I set loads of PBs on that course so I actually had a good ride. My problem is I don't have the legs over longer distances so I need work on holding power over 90 mins. The first hour I'm good, then my legs just refuse to work for me :banghead:

Top Bottom