Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I think he means a what gradient the bkool no longer feels any harder. For me it was around 8% gradient. I expect a little higher for you Lars 10% . Have you considered a direct drive turbo Lars?

peterob

Veteran
OK so I did the 2 lap race on Gotham Grind, swapped to TT bke and did two more laps on my own - looks like I stayed on course OK. I did get a bit confused as to where to stop, as it looks like the start and finish lines were placed slightly differently to the H & H race, so I carried on for a bit more than the 37k that was the H& H race distance.

Anyway, using Strava, my time for the full 37km distance was 55.28. My ZP time for 2 laps (18.5km) was 26.48 - so a fair bit slower on the second two laps without the benefit of the draft. @peterob feel free to interpret that as you like for the league - unless you or anyone else thinks it's not a fair comparison for any reason?

Edit: Strava link here https://www.strava.com/activities/2151254231/overview
@bridgy are you ok if I give you a time of 54:00? Your av watts from tonight were just over 3.5 W/kg and there is a B rider from last nights race (Jon Darwent) who is about your weight (1Kg heavier) who did 3.5 W/kg and finished in 54:24. Finishing times are so dependant in which group you can hang with and not just Watts or W/Kg it's impossible to know what you could have done if you had raced yesterday :wacko:.

I'll update the spreadsheet when I get to my laptop at the weekend.

Good ride. And another good ride today @Whorty....you really do seem to have made great strides recently and pushing for B cat :bravo:

bridgy

Legendary Member
@bridgy are you ok if I give you a time of 54:00? Your av watts from tonight were just over 3.5 W/kg and there is a B rider from last nights race (Jon Darwent) who is about your weight (1Kg heavier) who did 3.5 W/kg and finished in 54:24. Finishing times are so dependant in which group you can hang with and not just Watts or W/Kg it's impossible to know what you could have done if you had raced yesterday :wacko:.

I'll update the spreadsheet when I get to my laptop at the weekend.

Good ride. And another good ride today @Whorty....you really do seem to have made great strides recently and pushing for B cat :bravo:
I'm quite happy if you go with my actual time of 55.28 Pete - I think it's luck of the drawer which event you can enter - some you win some you lose! At least I managed to set a time!

LBHIFI

Veteran
I think he means a what gradient the bkool no longer feels any harder. For me it was around 8% gradient. I expect a little higher for you Lars 10% . Have you considered a direct drive turbo Lars?
I can't remember there was a limit. Not many sessions with more than 14%, so I would say about 14%. Could only do those seated, but in Zwift the tire slips at lower gradients even when seated.
I don't recall what the default realism was in Zwift, but I had to go lower than default to prevent tire slipping.

And oh yes, the Neo is looking mighty tempting, but I already have 4 turbos.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Its not a competition with Lee

Saying that I don't know how, but I've got 5 bikes now!
5 - pffft is that all !^_^
while i have your attention Andy - got a couple of problems you could probabaly solve
first - i was riding out your way somewhere when i followed a river for a few miles on a cycle track - any idea where it would be - i know i crossed a main road with a garage then onto cycle track for quite a while
second - got issues with cable disc brake - not hydraulic back brake just does not work - tried cleaning with proper fluid - new pads , setting up correctly even setting up with pads touching and still didnt stop me , cable is free and easy running , bike is not old at all and i bet done less than 500 mile outside from new , brake lever all seems fine - i am at a loss and given up , took back brake off now and put on turbo - annoying as it was going to be semi touring cannondale synapse ali
and i only have 5 bikes ! and 1 turbo - and rollers
if it was me i would sell 3 of the other turbos and buy a neo - its a totally different world to bkool for me solely because there is no wheel spin - but cant compete in bkool world though

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Aleman how did the first ride on the NEO go?
Well, despite the younger members of this forum implying that my spindly chickens legs couldn't turn the pedals :cursing: I found it a bit of a revelation TBH. Nice and smooth, without resistance randomly increasing with no change in Watt output. ... Harder though ... FTP will probably have to drop ... Was much harder on the Het is Koors social ride to stay in the pack at only 2.5W/Kg :eek: ... Thought I was going to have to drop back and form an autobus of 1 :cry:

Still I survived, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!!

I haven't gone uphill a yet though!! :ph34r::ph34r:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well, despite the younger members of this forum implying that my spindly chickens legs couldn't turn the pedals :cursing: I found it a bit of a revelation TBH. Nice and smooth, without resistance randomly increasing with no change in Watt output. ... Harder though ... FTP will probably have to drop ... Was much harder on the Het is Koors social ride to stay in the pack at only 2.5W/Kg :eek: ... Thought I was going to have to drop back and form an autobus of 1 :cry:

Still I survived, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!!

I haven't gone uphill a yet though!! :ph34r::ph34r:

I had a look at your result Aleman, just interested in what power you could develop^_^

I see you had a sprint at the end- totally normal.

It did however highlight what Sticky said about the Ant+ bug, which could be exploited. I'm not suggesting you had done anything, it just happened. So to finish, you got an extra 10secs of power whilst not pedalling with an ave of 460W for those 10secs.

Attachments

• Aleman first use Neo 10secs @ 460W.png
    Aleman first use Neo 10secs @ 460W.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 14

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
It did however highlight what Sticky said about the Ant+ bug, which could be exploited. I'm not suggesting you had done anything, it just happened. So to finish, you got an extra 10secs of power whilst not pedalling with an ave of 460W for those 10secs.
I was pedaling, I just need to replace the battery in the cadence sensor :shy::shy:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
5 - pffft is that all !^_^
while i have your attention Andy - got a couple of problems you could probabaly solve
first - i was riding out your way somewhere when i followed a river for a few miles on a cycle track - any idea where it would be - i know i crossed a main road with a garage then onto cycle track for quite a while
second - got issues with cable disc brake - not hydraulic back brake just does not work - tried cleaning with proper fluid - new pads , setting up correctly even setting up with pads touching and still didnt stop me , cable is free and easy running , bike is not old at all and i bet done less than 500 mile outside from new , brake lever all seems fine - i am at a loss and given up , took back brake off now and put on turbo - annoying as it was going to be semi touring cannondale synapse ali
and i only have 5 bikes ! and 1 turbo - and rollers
if it was me i would sell 3 of the other turbos and buy a neo - its a totally different world to bkool for me solely because there is no wheel spin - but cant compete in bkool world though

Lee its likely to be the river Witham which runs through Lincoln and down to Boston(part of a bigger network NCN). There is a cycle route from Boston town centre to Lincoln which runs along side the river apart from 3 or so miles on Holland Fen, it goes by Tattershall, Bardney- which is where you were bumped off!!

https://goo.gl/maps/6aTBAY1K9A42 I use this section alot

Its a lovely route albeit poor surface nearer to Lincoln. Ive used it many times. I also use part of it to link me to Woodhall Spa(lovely inland resort)

Im afraid that is what back brakes non hydraulic disc can be like, rubbish. My new bike was the same I couldn't lock up the rear wheel. I fitted hydraulic and instantly I could do it. You can get Shimano cable pull hydro brakes. It depends whether you like the hood shape.

Which groupset is on the Cannondale 10/11s???

This is where I got mine, bargain I thought https://www.bike24.com/p2141894.html
Compatible with all Shimano 11 speed cable groupset

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Bit of a random observation, but I've been thinking about the Hare and Hounds format and I reckon it gives (me at least) a really good workout. Reason being that it starts fast but not mad, and then settles at a fairly hard pace for 35-40 minutes - and then when the B group catch up, it forces 10-15 minutes of threshold or above followed by a sprint finish. This is harder than many normal races where you stick in a group you can handle and then circulate near threshold for an hour.

Top Bottom