Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
An old Tacx genius will probably sell for 50£, a Bkool Pro maybe 100£.
Can the Neo provide enough resitance to do a TT warm up without power? If so I could sell my Tacx Satori. That would probably go for 150£.
I'm already half way there, aint I? :biggrin:

You can run a Neo/2 without power supply and it will work the same

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
And as for brakes - that’s really poor - I ain’t sold on these disc brakes if that’s how they work !

That's how cable disc brakes work.

Hydraulic work like motorcycle/car, bloody fantastic braking power in all weather. They're superb with modulation so can feather the braking effort with just finger tip control. You need to borrow a bike with a proper hydraulic setup

berty bassett

Legendary Member
That's how cable disc brakes work.

Hydraulic work like motorcycle/car, bloody fantastic braking power in all weather. They're superb with modulation so can feather the braking effort with just finger tip control. You need to borrow a bike with a proper hydraulic setup

Think for 180 notes for hoods n wotnot I will probably look out for a cheap Ali bike that I can tinker with

LBHIFI

Veteran
By the time my level of training gets to the point of justifying the Neo everyone else will already have one. In the meantime I'll be forced to maintain my overweight condition to prevent wheel slips.
Could be an alternate solution to the tire slipping problem. I tried staying away from the bike for 1 month. Serveral weeks of excessive beer drinking, pizza and burger eating - still at 75 kg, so that solution may be harder than just buying the Neo .

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It's a curse. I slipped down to 72kg last week, eating heavily to get back to 73/74kg, just not happening. The 65miles outside probably didn't help the situation but I did have cake
And then there's me ..... trying to eat well, doing quite a bit of riding on Zwift, and this week I've lost exactly ....... zero!!!! :banghead: Been flicking between 81.4 and 82 this week.

martin22

Re tyre slippage mentioned a bit earlier, if it's on something like the Bkool that just relies on body weight then I fixed this on mine by putting a ratchet strap round the trainer either side of the wheel to keep the tyre on the roller. Used it like the for 6 months with no issues.

Ignore the toys, bike set up in the kids playroom at moment!

Attachments

• 20190216_183315.jpg
    20190216_183315.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Well I finally completed the Build Me Up programme today.

12 weeks of 4, and sometimes 5, sessions per week. The 5 session weeks were tough.

Did the FTP test today and improved from 244 watts to 251 watts.

That's just under a 3% improvement. Reading about the test and how to approach it, the aim seemed to be to try for a 3 to 4% improvement, so I'm just a little under the low end of the target.

I think that's the first proper FTP test I've ever done as I've always relied on FTP calculated in races or rides, both in Zwift and previously in Bkool. I tried to keep it steady throughout, riding around 264w average and just about kept it there. I wasn't completely wrecked at the end, so maybe I should have pushed harder towards the end, but I guess it takes time to get FTP tests right?

I think I've seen people say that FTP tests often produce a lower result than race/ride derived results. Is that true, or is that just wishful thinking on my part. If so, it means my improvement is maybe more in line with target.

W/kg equivalent for me, the FTP test came in at just over 3.1w/kg, which I'm pleased about. If I can repeat that in races, it would put me at the top end of C. It'll be interesting to see if that works out or not.

Overall, I enjoyed the programme. Some of the workouts in the last 2 weeks were pretty tough, but they seem to have paid off.

I'll need to get back to racing now and join you boys in the Hare and Hounds league!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

12 weeks of 4, and sometimes 5, sessions per week. The 5 session weeks were tough.

That's just under a 3% improvement. Reading about the test and how to approach it, the aim seemed to be to try for a 3 to 4% improvement, so I'm just a little under the low end of the target.

I think that's the first proper FTP test I've ever done as I've always relied on FTP calculated in races or rides, both in Zwift and previously in Bkool. I tried to keep it steady throughout, riding around 264w average and just about kept it there. I wasn't completely wrecked at the end, so maybe I should have pushed harder towards the end, but I guess it takes time to get FTP tests right?

I think I've seen people say that FTP tests often produce a lower result than race/ride derived results. Is that true, or is that just wishful thinking on my part. If so, it means my improvement is maybe more in line with target.

W/kg equivalent for me, the FTP test came in at just over 3.1w/kg, which I'm pleased about. If I can repeat that in races, it would put me at the top end of C. It'll be interesting to see if that works out or not.

Overall, I enjoyed the programme. Some of the workouts in the last 2 weeks were pretty tough, but they seem to have paid off.

I'll need to get back to racing now and join you boys in the Hare and Hounds league!
Well done. I bailed my first time through that. Time issues put paid to me last time.

I'm currently on a FTP builder plan for 6 wks. Then I'll move on to the Gran Fondo plan in.prep for ToC.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

To be honest I’m surprised the ftp gain is so low but maybe that’s just my expectations being unrealistic. I have a feeling you’re overall gains from the programme will be much higher than that margin though Del. Training 5 times a week, doing tough sessions. It can only of helped many more facets than just your ftp.

Also I think doing a ftp test is a skill in itself and why the results can be misleading. Maybe do some more ftp tests and I think your numbers will rise through the familiarity of pacing yourself better and better.

JuhaL

Guru

All improvement is forward. It's a bit challenge to control yourself of excessive training but better small steps forward than huge leap backward.

Top Bottom