Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
1618257434012.png

mjd1988

Guru
Been feeling crap all day and had the baby monitor right beside me all race so amazed how well that went!

Thanks for the heads up from 23 about the steamroller climb. They will surely nerf that won't they? If you were lucky enough to get it at the start you were guaranteed to get sprint points. I got to the front just before it and just about hung on with those that did.

2nd climb just about made front group but was lucky enough to get the right power up for lap 3 which was when the group really thinned. Sprint went a bit early (it had a lot of team mates in it who co-ordinated well) but happy with placement. 10th with a few minor placings in two of the primes.

Average power looked crap, but think that was more to do with the course than not feeling 💯. Each lap was v quiet aside from that dirt climb so really relaxed in the group.

Some good rides from 68. If you didn't get right power up odds stacked against you.

Hope 23 and CCC got on well

Edit; and cheers for doing the double @BurningLegs

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Anyone who follows me on Strava will have seen my comment on the Steamroller PU. Not going to deny that I spammed the heck out of it on laps 1 and 2 - but there is NO WAY I would have finished anywhere near as high up the field as I did without it. But if you were unlucky and didn't get it, you could definitely say goodbye to any sprint points and possibly even making the front group selection. It's either going to have to be reduced from 30 seconds, or its effects toned down a fair bit.

But while it exists in its current form, be like CCC and let's make full use of it! Our results were as follows:
@Johnsop99 - 19th
@Aleman - 28th
@JLaw - 29th, plus 6th at first sprint
@steverob - 31st (my best ever points race finish by about 20 places)
@LeetleGreyCells - 67th
@Spartak - 71st

Johnsop99

Veteran
Anyone who follows me on Strava will have seen my comment on the Steamroller PU. Not going to deny that I spammed the heck out of it on laps 1 and 2 - but there is NO WAY I would have finished anywhere near as high up the field as I did without it. But if you were unlucky and didn't get it, you could definitely say goodbye to any sprint points and possibly even making the front group selection. It's either going to have to be reduced from 30 seconds, or its effects toned down a fair bit.

But while it exists in its current form, be like CCC and let's make full use of it! Our results were as follows:
@Johnsop99 - 19th
@Aleman - 28th
@JLaw - 29th, plus 6th at first sprint
@steverob - 31st (my best ever points race finish by about 20 places)
@LeetleGreyCells - 67th
@Spartak - 71st
Had to wait for the final sprint to get my one and only steamroller. Pretty soul destroying being passed by so many using it and not being able to do anything about it. Well done everyone.

steverob

Guru
Wait until you see my video (uploading now). First two laps when I had it, I surged out in front of the groups I was in. Third lap when I didn't, I not only got dropped, I also got passed by riders from the group BEHIND who had it...

bridgy

Legendary Member
Good to hear your race reports. Team 23 had a bit of a mixed bag really. Firstly we were without Tommy, but big thanks to @Ketty for stepping in and riding with us. Then @Joffey had technical issues at the start and lost all the other riders so was obviously spat out of the back from the start- well done for riding on mate!

The group split on the first sprint I think, and only Pete and I were still in the front group of about 25 after the second sprint - Pete's group nearly got separated but caught back up. Finishing positions were:

@peterob - 17th + 7th in first sprint & 2nd FTS in first sprint
Bridgy - 20th + 6th in second sprint and 9th FTS in first sprint
@BurningLegs - 37th
@Alongo - 48th
@Ketty - 51st
@Joffey - 64th

Awaiting finalised results from WTRL because they don't seem to have added any intermediate sprint points yet

Top Bottom