Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
there i was last night :popcorn: sitting at the screen with note book ready to get the lowdown on how to beataBob and he plays a tactic game !
there were some pretty high w/kg but we need to know how long its sustainable - could you do it again please
i did notice ( i think ) that you ride completly different to me in that , it didnt seem to matter on the terrain as to where the watts went up
heart rate showed you had a lot left in the tank a lot of the time so guessing you could knock a good bit of the time
so to summarise - if you want to learn something - watch history channel instead

Ha! Less tactics more the ride leader Alina then Stew telling me and a few others to slow. That was frustrating not because I would have been able to go fast enough to get anywhere near you and Andy but because I needed to test legs and lungs hence the KOM spurts.Once I got to the tower I was supposed to wait 3-4m for the others but just rolled down with the odd spurt of power. Then it was a q of getting to the volcano and trying to beat your time^_^ Yes, I had looked. Not close enough ...yet.
Still, those upper KOM Watopia times (sorry Lee) and the Volcano suggest a little more in the tank.
Andy, can you add the zwiftblog volcano KOM to our segments list? DE8E4F5C-043E-461F-8DEB-5984180CDF12.png

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy, can you add the zwiftblog volcano KOM to our segments list

Looks like its a big power 8 min effort for me!

TBA:whistle:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Arghhhh, bloody internet. :cursing: I was having a good go at hanging with the front bunch with hare and hounds tonight, lost all riders with 8 miles to go. Decided to battle on best I could. New average power and FTP from Zwift. I got dropped earlier again with internet loss for a few seconds. It took 700W to get back on the back of the pack. Haven't got a clue where I finished, check later.

Lost 2mins15 for not being in the pack :sad:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Arghhhh, bloody internet. :cursing: I was having a good go at hanging with the front bunch with hare and hounds tonight, lost all riders with 8 miles to go. Decided to battle on best I could. New average power and FTP from Zwift. I got dropped earlier again with internet loss for a few seconds. It took 700W to get back on the back of the pack. Haven't got a clue where I finished, check later.

Lost 2mins15 for not being in the pack :sad:

How frustrating. Still, good times and power:okay:
Almost finished a bottle or red wine and a chill con carne while watching Captain Underpants with the Nipper. Fun film!
Back on tomorrow night if anyone fancies Box and fox a few times.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Treated myself. Choccy bar and glass of wine. I've got 3 parties in a row from tomorrow, so will be trying to squeeze rides in to burn calories

bridgy

Legendary Member
View attachment 387352

Quick little pootle up Volcano KOM! HR gives it away :whistle:

EDIT - 'Steroid injection' bookmark is not what it looks like...its an article on knee injuries!
Well done Darren - that's going to be hard to beat!

bobinski

Legendary Member
View attachment 387352

Quick little pootle up Volcano KOM! HR gives it away :whistle:

EDIT - 'Steroid injection' bookmark is not what it looks like...its an article on knee injuries!

Cracking time. Who else is going to get closer to 7-30? I reckon suits the power guys because a lot of flat bits and then slope rarely more than 4% except for those sharp bits.

I am sneaking home early from work to have a go at the Pretzel at 3pm.

Re that link:laugh:

Can you send it to me...:whistle:

darrensmith0410

Cracking time. Who else is going to get closer to 7-30? I reckon suits the power guys because a lot of flat bits and then slope rarely more than 4% except for those sharp bits.

I am sneaking home early from work to have a go at the Pretzel at 3pm.

Re that link:laugh:

Can you send it to me...:whistle:

I think you might be right, although the sharp bit right at the end had me, was on for around 7:00 before that kick up.

For full disclosure this is the knee pain article

Top Bottom