Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries. April 27th 2014.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
OK you silver tongued devil @Brandane you've talked me into it, add me to the list please. Actually, could you add a +1 as well as the heir has kindly volunteered to come along as my 'carer', as he so thoughtfully put it:smile:
Another 2 riders; well done Sir! Added. :thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Another 2 riders; well done Sir! Added. :thumbsup:
The Glasgow Road Cycling Meetup has expressed an interest :smile:
What say you @Brandane ?
What happened is some members of the GRCM are also Belles on Bikes, so I had asked one, she said she is working on that day, but could she post the 3 ferries ride on her page? Thing is some are also CC members :whistle:
Cycling in Glasgow is like working in catering in Glasgow, you get to know all the regulars :laugh:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
What say you @Brandane ?
What happened is some members of the GRCM are also Belles on Bikes, so I had asked one, she said she is working on that day, but could she post the 3 ferries ride on her page? Thing is some are also CC members :whistle:
Cycling in Glasgow is like working in catering in Glasgow, you get to know all the regulars :laugh:
I can't see a problem, unless it turns into something like PoP or PFS proportions. Then we might have a problem getting us all on the same ferry ^_^.

Fubar

Guru
What say you @Brandane ?

In all seriousness and without wishing to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, it might be worth limiting the numbers based on route, cafe capacity, etc - the Perth ride last year was epic however it was a bit chaotic at times (through no-one fault, just weight of numbers) and @Brandane may not wish to be responsible for 30+ cyclists turning up. Feel free to ignore me, just my humble opinion.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
In all seriousness and without wishing to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, it might be worth limiting the numbers based on route, cafe capacity, etc - the Perth ride last year was epic however it was a bit chaotic at times (through no-one fault, just weight of numbers) and @Brandane may not wish to be responsible for 30+ cyclists turning up. Feel free to ignore me, just my humble opinion.
Nae problem tae the likes o' us :thumbsup:. If there are large numbers we can revert to the motorcycle rideout marker system which ensures no-one can get lost. Errrrm; in theory :whistle:.

Somebuddy

Über Member
On the side...... Hello there, I have been lurking on the side. For a few years now I have been in the " Touring & Expedition " section of the forum with my blinkers on. Recently I peeked out and learned of the CC Ecosse. Well ladies & gents, you have my interest. If it doesn't take the numbers too high, is there room for a little one? I will be dropping my wife and daughter no.1 off at Glasgow airport at 0700. I could possibly squeeze my bike in the car, they could hold their suitcases out the window......., but I may be there first half past 7.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@Somebuddy don't put ideas on @Brandane's heid: half past seven is toooo early.
Go for a wee sleep in the car :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I haven't been active on the forum recently, sorry. This though was one of my favourite rides last year, please put me down as a 90%. Wife has requested the day off so I can come so fingers crossed. Brandane please organise some sunshine ;-)
Nice to see you back on here Clockhammer! Sun is guaranteed* for the ride this time.

*perhaps obscured by cloud and rain

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
On the side...... Hello there, I have been lurking on the side. For a few years now I have been in the " Touring & Expedition " section of the forum with my blinkers on. Recently I peeked out and learned of the CC Ecosse. Well ladies & gents, you have my interest. If it doesn't take the numbers too high, is there room for a little one? I will be dropping my wife and daughter no.1 off at Glasgow airport at 0700. I could possibly squeeze my bike in the car, they could hold their suitcases out the window......., but I may be there first half past 7.
Anyone with a bike is welcome; so you are most certainly welcome to come along. With all that spare time, you could always leave the car at the airport and get a wee warm-up ride to Gourock, a la @Rasmus :thumbsup:. We should be at McInroys point for the Western ferries about 1030..

Top Bottom