Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries. April 27th 2014.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@Louch - are you in danger of maybe moving away from CC Ecosse :ohmy: :cry:.... BEFORE the Referendum ??? :eek:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
*cough*, from the OP....... "Start time will be 10:00, which allows those coming from the land of Weegies to catch the 0850 train from Glasgow Central to Wemyss Bay, arriving at 0936."

We are down to 5 riders now :sad:; any more takers?
Ermm ... the op was a blank in my wee brain ^_^
Have been asking: one answer I got was: "will there be hills?" :whistle:
Gonna ask around some more :thumbsup:

Fubar

Guru
@Telemark you still getting the train from Edinburger?? If so what time? (sorry if it's already been mentioned, too lazy to read 4 pages...)

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane I'm recruting as I type, sent a few msgs on FB :whistle: there is one girl that if she comes along we are all doomed, very fast rider :laugh:
Well done Pat, the more the merrier. She can wait for us at the ferry, it's hard to get lost on this route! :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
@Telemark you still getting the train from Edinburger?? If so what time? (sorry if it's already been mentioned, too lazy to read 4 pages...)
:rolleyes: you need a secretary, @Fubar! All on the 1st page ... no need to look very far, but pasted again, just for you ;)

Public transport related question from an Eastie regarding Sunday travel ... what was your experience of the time required for the previous ride, and when would you want to start to make sure nobody gets stuck on an island if you/we miss the last ferry?

Earliest train from Edinburgh for Wemyss Bay leaves at 8:30, arrives 10:39 (24 min to get between GQS & GC should be plenty) - is this too late?
I suppose there is the option of joining in from Gourock, leaving Edinburgh 8:30, earliest arrival time 10:11 (21 minutes to connect in Glasgow OK).

T

Get a return ticket to Wemyss Bay, but get off at Branchton on the way out. Short drop downhill from there to the ferry landing.

I think it'll be easiest to meet the gang at Gourock, but then @Brandane mentioned in post #10 that the departure time from WB was around 11 am last year ... despite saying 'leaving at 10' in the OP ...
So I am slightly unsure where/when to aim for :scratch:

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I @Brandane mentioned in post #10 that the departure time from WB was around 11 am last year ... despite saying 'leaving at 10' in the OP ...

T
I seem to recall we went for breakfast first, then some folks took a while to unload bikes from cars :whistle:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I think it'll be easiest to meet the gang at Gourock, but then @Brandane mentioned in post #10 that the departure time from WB was around 11 am last year ... despite saying 'leaving at 10' in the OP ...

T

To clarify ..... it was 11:00 meeting last year, but that didn't leave much time on Bute for an extension to the ride. So this year I am aiming for 10:00, and hoping that the weather Gods will be kinder to us and allow for a bit more time to see Bute. :thumbsup:
OR ... Is 10:00 going to be too early for the eastern members to get to Wemyss Bay on a Sunday morning?

Top Bottom