Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries. April 27th 2014.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane look here, we are multiplying :smile:
:bicycle:

Good! I hope they aren't all young racing snakes. Or if they are, I hope they are patient racing snakes :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:banghead:I really hate to even think this out loud, but work may end up getting in the way of yet another ride :angry::cry: ... will do my very best to write as fast as I can during the next couple of days. But if one ride has to give this weekend, it can't be PoP, it's got to be this one. The weather looks set to be OK over in the west for Sunday, too ...

T :sad:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
:banghead:I really hate to even think this out loud, but work may end up getting in the way of yet another ride :angry::cry: ... will do my very best to write as fast as I can during the next couple of days. But if one ride has to give this weekend, it can't be PoP, it's got to be this one. The weather looks set to be OK over in the west for Sunday, too ...

But ......... but ....... we NEED your cakes (and it would be nice to see you again)! Hope you can make it.
Weather forecast looks just about OK by our standards. Overcast and a bit of a NE breeze to help us up the climb at Loch Striven. The only time we will be head on into the wind should be whilst sitting on the Rothesay/Wemyss Bay ferry :thumbsup:.

Fubar

Guru

I'd better start paying attention to the train times then! If anyone else is getting the train from Glasgow Central we could arrange to meet up??

GBC

Veteran
I'd better start paying attention to the train times then! If anyone else is getting the train from Glasgow Central we could arrange to meet up??
@Fubar - Hi Mark, my son and I will be leaving from Glasgow Central, what train are you aiming for? (I have read through the thread, and while I might be better informed, I'm none the wiser:wacko:)

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Fubar - Hi Mark, my son and I will be leaving from Glasgow Central, what train are you aiming for? (I have read through the thread, and while I might be better informed, I'm none the wiser:wacko:)

If coming to Wemyss Bay for the start at 10am, you need to catch the 0850 train from Glasgow to Wemyss Bay.
Option 2 is to catch the 0950 train from Glasgow to Wemyss Bay, but jump off at Branchton and cycle over to meet us at McInroys Point (west of Gourock, towards Inverkip) for the Western Ferries to Dunoon. We will meet you there about 1045 (train arrives Branchton at 1026).
Bear in mind that the ride finishes at Wemyss Bay, so you will be cheaper buying the return train ticket to Wemyss Bay.
Option 2 was invented because the eastern contingent can't get to Glasgow in time for the 0850 train.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I can see myself possibly riding out to the start. If that happens, I will join at Gourock (alternatively could meet at Branchton to help navigating to the ferry). If I take the train, it will be the earlier one, so meeting at Wemyss Bay.

Top Bottom