A horrible act of cruelty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
MrsP is a vet. She has seen many cases were puppies are sold to stupid, unsuspecting humans in car parks. One of the worst/ silliest cases she saw was a teenager who turned up at the surgery having been sold a Rottweiler pup. At least the kid came to the vet surgery as the pup was not eating. When she opened the "Shoebox" the pup was in, she looked apon a black and tan Guinea Pig. The kid had paid £350 for a rodent. It fell apon a carrot that was offered. She has many cases of puppies sold the same way, from the back of cars in car parks to people who want a dog. These people, despite all the notices, literature and public awareness still attempt to buy dogs this way. These are the ones that end up in re-homing centres after a few weeks/months as the owners cannot cope with the pup and it's behaviour
As I stated earlier, it is the humans who cause the problems of unwanted dogs.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The "child" is reported as being 14 years old. If the "child " did torch the premises, why or what made the kid do it. Is it normal behaviour to set fire to buildings, weather it is a kennels or an old folks home? I think not.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
And imo, people who don't think dog/animal welfare is important 'in the grand scheme of things' is on the same heartless, callous path as the scum who deliberately started the fire. Yes there are other things in the world to worry about, and to care about, and to donate to. And im sure most of us have a big enough heart to have compassion for more than just the one subject. I for one, however, will take animals over humans any day of the week. And as for the Syria comments, it is humans. Cause and effect. Always is. And those humans have a choice. If the person responsible for the arson ever happens to get himself covered in petrol I shall be there to light the match.

A 15 year old boy has been arrested on suspicion of arson. If he is innocent of this then all well and good. If he is proven guilty then I stand by my comments. Those poor dogs were in kennels. helpless to escape, and burned to death to the sounds of the other dogs screams. Oh yes, I would have no hesitation to demonstrate Karma to the person responsible. And im a nice girl. God help him if someone who isn't nice gets hold of him ....

see @vernon , you can talk sense.... :thumbsup:

I cant take the last quote seriously after reading the highlighted sentences in the other two Lisa.

snorri

Legendary Member
, I would have no hesitation to demonstrate Karma to the person responsible. ..
Perhaps this young lad was seeking karma after being chased or threatened by dogs owned by people who do not care for their pets as you clearly do.
We really should wait for the facts to emerge.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I kind of hope the kid is guilty, because if he's been picked up mistakenly, he's in a lot of potential danger for something he didn't do. People are very good at knowing when someone's been accused, and not so good at taking in if they are acquitted.

If he did it, then I'm not so bothered about his welfare.

Apparently there'll be a collection bin in our local Wilko's over the weekend, I'll bung something in.

Globalti

Legendary Member
So will I.... some tins of dog food laced with potassium bromide to stop the randy little sods from procreating.

On the arsonist, my money is on the lad having been turned down for adoption of a dog and gone back later for revenge, or some other such a story. Assuming he is found guilty of course.

potsy

Rambler
I kind of hope the kid is guilty, because if he's been picked up mistakenly, he's in a lot of potential danger for something he didn't do. People are very good at knowing when someone's been accused, and not so good at taking in if they are acquitted.

If he did it, then I'm not so bothered about his welfare.

Apparently there'll be a collection bin in our local Wilko's over the weekend, I'll bung something in.
Well his name and pic are all over Farcebook so you have a point, him and family under police protection apparently.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The fact I am a long-time dog owner, animal lover and vehement opponent of all kinds of animal abuse means that I will only contribute the following:

Best wishes to all people affected by this. RIP to the poor dogs killed in this sickening, appalling, senseless act.

As for the 'human being' that did this..?

Well, this is a family forum, and I respect @Shaun 's wishes for it to remain so, and posting my thoughts/opinions/wishes for what I'd like to see done to the scum would be pointless as they would be instantly deleted.

Giving my dogs an extra big hug to show I love them loads instead.

My house will remain full of love - as for the person responsible, one can only wonder how messed up their life is, and how twisted they must be to carry out such a barbarous act?

stowie

Legendary Member
And imo, people who don't think dog/animal welfare is important 'in the grand scheme of things' is on the same heartless, callous path as the scum who deliberately started the fire. Yes there are other things in the world to worry about, and to care about, and to donate to. And im sure most of us have a big enough heart to have compassion for more than just the one subject. I for one, however, will take animals over humans any day of the week. And as for the Syria comments, it is humans. Cause and effect. Always is. And those humans have a choice. If the person responsible for the arson ever happens to get himself covered in petrol I shall be there to light the match.

I think you may find a lot of humans in Syria don't have a choice...

Top Bottom