Andy Dubberley- When chauffeurs and cyclists meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How did you leave "road tax" off the list? I'm glad to see Andy wasn't so careless; it's right there in paragraph 5.

PK99

Legendary Member

more equally selective quotes from the same article:

From both an environmental and health prospective, cycling should be encouraged and the sight of hundreds of people cycling to work in our major cities each day is undoubtedly a positive one.

The majority of cyclists of course ride responsibly and my faith is sometimes restored with a friendly wave of acknowledgement or thanks when you give way to them or allow them the space you should.

Yes, cycling in London or any major city is extremely dangerous and I applaud anything that makes it safer.

If drivers are at fault when they kill or injure cyclists then they should quite obviously be at the full mercy of the law, but don’t tarnish us all with the same brush and cyclists shouldn’t think that they’re completely devoid of any responsibility as road users, as they have to be prepared to play by the rules as well!

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Rubbish drivers like Andy Dubberley love to pretend that cycling in London is "Extremely dangerous" because it's a useful fallacious statement that provides a built-in alibi. It's safer to cycle than walk in the capital, but it suits Andy's purpose to lie about this because he's then got an excuse when he hits a cyclist.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Rubbish drivers like Andy Dubberley love to pretend that cycling in London is "Extremely dangerous" because it's a useful fallacious statement that provides a built-in alibi. It's safer to cycle than walk in the capital, but it suits Andy's purpose to lie about this because he's then got an excuse when he hits a cyclist.

I bet Andy Dubberley is a hell of a lot better at driving around London than you or most of your militant pals. You wouldn't type that ignorant twaddle if you had ever experienced the stress of driving for and minding an African or Arab family, worrying about finding safe places to park, wait and pick up while dealing with the capricious whims of a bunch of millionaires. Cycling around any big city is dangerous; any half-wit can see that soft unprotected bodies do not mix well with motorised road traffic.

I'm constantly amazed at the recklessness of a small minority of cyclists I see cruising around the streets as if the law doesn't apply to them; they have an air of insouciance towards the rules that the majority follow because the majority understand that the rules are there for public safety and grown-up social cooperation. Their behaviour is conceited, selfish and egotistical in the extreme

Last edited:
OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Why did you mention your passengers' race? Are Africans especially problematic for you?

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I'm constantly amazed at the recklessness of a small minority of cyclists I see cruising around the streets as if the law doesn't apply to them; they have an air of insouciance towards the rules that the majority follow because the majority understand that the rules are there for public safety and grown-up social cooperation. Their behaviour is conceited, selfish and egotistical in the extreme
This is just the same as saying:
I'm constantly amazed at the recklessness of a small minority of drivers I see cruising around the streets as if the law doesn't apply to them; they have an air of insouciance towards the rules that the majority follow because the majority understand that the rules are there for public safety and grown-up social cooperation. Their behaviour is conceited, selfish and egotistical in the extreme
So what's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom