Andy Dubberley- When chauffeurs and cyclists meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
if you had ever experienced the stress of driving for and minding an African or Arab family, worrying about finding safe places to park, wait and pick up while dealing with the capricious whims of a bunch of millionaires.
You are not painting Andy in a good light at all.
He should not be prepared to play the dual role of driver and carer, in fact to do so is dangerous and shows a reckless disregard for the safety of other road users.
As for his cheapskate passengers, if they want to be transported and pandered to, then they should pay for staff to provide these services at the going rate.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You are not painting Andy in a good light at all.
He should not be prepared to play the dual role of driver and carer, in fact to do so is dangerous and shows a reckless disregard for the safety of other road users.
As for his cheapskate passengers, if they want to be transported and pandered to, then they should pay for staff to provide these services at the going rate.

Why ever not? You seem to have misunderstood completely. Overseas visitors often come from countries where they are accusomed to being cheated and ripped off; Africans who travel are seen as fabulously wealthy and are therefore seen by other Africans as fair game to be kidnapped, ripped off and generally hounded for cash and favours. In their own country the driver is paid a going rate of something like £35 a week and most of the time he will be not driving his boss around with the AC running but sweltering all day in a mile-long queue for petrol. So overseas visitors will appreciate a driver who knows his way around town, is smart and drives smoothly and safely, is discrete and trustworthy especially when transporting the kids or women members of the family and making the arrangements for medical appointments, trips out, meetings etc. They are rich so they don't mind paying for this service and they appreciate being met at the airport by somebody they already know and trust.

J1888

Über Member
Pretty sure I've read most of the thread, but can't for the life of me work out how we've gone from some clown writing a rubbish piece in an obscure trade publication, to discussing how he indulges the preferences of wealthy people from a particular continent :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
Why ever not? You seem to have misunderstood completely.
Maybe I did, I thought you were accepting the situation as normal, whereby professional drivers like Andy allow themselves to become stressed by the irrational demands of their passengers instead of concentrating on driving and the safety of other road users.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

19ds1s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom