Are you feeling the credit crunch??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

At home i mean.

I have just opened my online account to find im overdrawn already and its only the 7th, pay day not until the 22nd

Mind you the T in the park and Leeds festival tickets didnt help my account any. But still, i can tell the difference from this year and say 3 years ago.

There's a credit crunch?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The only way I think I've noticed it is that we are not likely to go abroad because of the exchange rate this year. However I have a remote knowledge of our finances ... and usually assume that if I don't go madly spending that there will be money in the account:blush:. Occasionally I get told that we need to go easy on the spending front, but generally we are lucky in that we have enough coming in to live within our means.

Its probably a lot harder if you are closer to the line.

Plax

Guru
No. I'm quite enjoying the credit crunch so far. I've had a pay rise and the interest on my morgage payments has gone down to 2% (don't you just love trackers!).
The interest rates on my ISA and savings are pitiful though. Just as well I've spent most of my savings on a new car and bike!

tyred

Legendary Member
Not really as I never had much money in the first place and I still have a job.

The current Euro/STG exchange rate is hurting my personal circumstances though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No. Our mortgage repayments have more than halved so we are using the balance to make a dent in the capital.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
got-to-get-fit said:
At home i mean.

I have just opened my online account to find im overdrawn already and its only the 7th, pay day not until the 22nd

Mind you the T in the park and Leeds festival tickets didnt help my account any. But still, i can tell the difference from this year and say 3 years ago.

theres always a rumour going around every month that I get paid :biggrin: but not easy with wife and 3 kids plus mortgage.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Never go overdrawn.
Mortgage has gone down by over £300 a month which is now going on the capital.
However my pension which I have been paying into since I was 18 is now worth less then half what it was last year.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
not really, apart from the complete absence of a job. The mortgage has remained the same (Barclays have a neat trick - when the rates go up they raise your payments on the instant, when they go down they credit you with the overpayment) and the cost of living (if that's what we still call it) seems pretty much unchanged. I'm not eating expensive breakfasts, and the antibiotics for my prostatis has cut my alcohol bill from..........sixty pounds a week to not much at all, but, other than that it's all much the same.

bonj2

noticed it in that my flat isn't selling despite having been on the market for ages but it is being rented and my mortgage is 1.6% :biggrin: so i'm in no rush to sell it...

Top Bottom