CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Looks like it (oh and I managed to put my name rather than my forum name :blush:)

(from memory) below the poll there is normally an "edit entry" button (unless Mag has disabled edits), click on it and then on the pencil icon that appears next to your entry, then edit ... hope it works!

T

JiMBR

Dang...I'm away on holiday on that date.

Hope to catch up with you all for the next cake'athon.

:biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Dang...I'm away on holiday on that date.

Hope to catch up with you all for the next cake'athon.

:biggrin:

Pooh! It certainly seems that for the majority the 11th is best. Sorry!:sad:

So who will be supplying cake at the Edinburgh end? Or will we have had our tea.....?;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
So who will be supplying cake at the Edinburgh end? Or will we have had our tea.....?;)

All right, I'll take the bait ... if there are no other volunteers, we should be able to feed & water a few hungry cyclists chez HJ & T's, before joining you on the ride west to the brownie feast :tongue: (and possibly back east again afterwards :ohmy: , if it's a nice day)

Soup/bread + large pots of tea (and perhaps a wee slice of cake ;) ), as it'll probably be lunch-time when you arrive at the eastern end?

T

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Isn't this quite close to the PfS date (which I really need to get off my backside and sign up for)? Or is no-one doing PfS this year?

Beginning to doubt the wisdom of the length of the ride because of my back, which began its usual agonising locking-up last week when I did a 57 mile round trip to Linlithgow & back along the canal path on the MTB. I might be OK for a one-way, but not the whole Glasgow - Edinburgh - Glasgow.

Assuming, that is, that childcare will be available on the Saturday that's now the popular choice....

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hi Goo, glad you can make it on the 11th :thumbsup: :hello:

I just realised PfC is actually the day before PfS ... but I think last year's transport problems on the way to Weegieland left me less than impressed, so I was hesitating about doing PfS again this year anyway... over an hour's wait @ Victoria Park, the driver going the wrong way, and then still having to wait nearly another hour for the bikes to arrive!

Hope your back gets better soon, you've still got lots of time, >5 weeks!
Do you think this is something that could be sorted with bike adjustments or a professional bike fit?

HJ and I are thinking of starting our cycling from Edinburgh, joining the westies' for their return leg, and having a brownie or two courtesy of Mrs Magnatom, before deciding whether to ride all or part of the way back east (or just to the nearest train station :laugh: ).... There are plenty of trains on Saturdays too.

T

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Goo,

Yes it is a bit close. That certainly wasn't my intention, but it is the way it has worked out. I'm definitely not doing PfS this year. The thought of doing 55 miles with thousands of wobbly cyclists (including me!) and getting a wee bit of bread and soup for lunch, doesn't inspire me!

I considered doing the 100 miler, but I have heard that the route is uninspiring. Instead I wan't to ride with a much smaller group of cool and groovy people (ok, HJ will be there as well...) having a laugh and some banter and getting some nice cake. you'd also get to meet the woman mad enough to marry me!! :ohmy::biggrin:

Oh, and the entry fee is quite a bit cheaper as well! :biggrin:

goo_mason

Goo,

Yes it is a bit close. That certainly wasn't my intention, but it is the way it has worked out. I'm definitely not doing PfS this year. The thought of doing 55 miles with thousands of wobbly cyclists (including me!) and getting a wee bit of bread and soup for lunch, doesn't inspire me!

I considered doing the 100 miler, but I have heard that the route is uninspiring. Instead I wan't to ride with a much smaller group of cool and groovy people (ok, HJ will be there as well...) having a laugh and some banter and getting some nice cake. you'd also get to meet the woman mad enough to marry me!! :ohmy::biggrin:

Oh, and the entry fee is quite a bit cheaper as well! :biggrin:

Can we add the requirement for a masseuse to tend to my locking back on a frequent basis throughout the ride? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Can we add the requirement for a masseuse to tend to my locking back on a frequent basis throughout the ride? :thumbsup:

So your coming then goo?!:smile:

At judo we used to have a way of sorting out bad backs. It involved gently walking on the poor bu@@ers lady or gents back.

I'm happy to do that for you, and I might even take mt cycling shoes off first! :smile:

goo_mason

So your coming then goo?!:smile:

At judo we used to have a way of sorting out bad backs. It involved gently walking on the poor bu@@ers lady or gents back.

I'm happy to do that for you, and I might even take mt cycling shoes off first! :smile:

It's my intention, yes. Anything for free scran... :laugh:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Just a wee bump to keep PfC in peoples minds. :smile:

We still need need to sort out some routes. I can get us as far as Kilsyth (not very far really!), so need some advice on decent routes from there. Obviously it would be nice to keep to the quieter roads.

Top Bottom