CC Ecosse Rendezvous ride - Sat 7 Nov 09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Some photos:
Scoosh & HJ on the Forth Road Bridge
KFinlay & HJ on Cleish Hill (Loch Leven in the background)
Outside the cafe (left to right): Jane, Satans Budgie, Scoosh, HJ, KFinlay

Mange-tout

Glad you all had a good day and I was so pleased the weather was as fine as could be for November.

Perhaps I could make the next rendezvous ride and meet you all - if I get a few weeks notice I'm sure I'll be due a day off by then!

Anyhoo, all is not lost - Jane and I will be heading over Cleish Hill on Friday. We're planning on cycling to Vane Farm one way and going home over Cleish Hill. Problem is Jane now has a much faster bike and I'll be struggling even more to keep up - perhaps I won't tell her the way so she has to keep stopping!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
Now that was a fun day out... ;)
Aye, :cold: :bravo: and good cakes :bicycle: ... is there a better day out ? ;)

Thanks to SB for the organising a good idea and to all who turned up ;). Nice to meet Kevin too :hungry:

Hope you are feeling OK now, HJ and NOT getting a(nother) cold ;)

Cracking day, cracking ride, great company - it's what CC is all about :bicycle:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Hey All,

Thanks for letting me join in a great day and to HJ/Telemark for finding me a new hill and route to cycle :bicycle: I managed to resist the cakes - need to lose a few kilos yet :hungry: so I can get up those hills better!

Can wait for the next one :bravo:

Noodley

Sounds like a good day out. I'll have to haul myself along to one of these CC Ecosse meets sometime.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
snorri said:
Were any of you guys featured in the cycling article in The Herald magazine section today?
Most inspirational.:smile:

:biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin: yes great article - funnily enough I was wondering if the CC Ecosse rides would still be going strong in a few years decades time, it would be nice if they did!

I really want to be able to go out on the bike like these guys when I get to that age, still quite a few years to go until then :biggrin:.

Is there an online version for posting on CC?

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Noodley said:
Sounds like a good day out. I'll have to haul myself along to one of these CC Ecosse meets sometime.

Yes, do! Today's ride wasn't THAT far from your patch ...
I never got to meet you at St. Andrews after this year's ride, you were rushing off somewhere ... just saw you disappear off into the distance (I think it was you anyway)

T

Noodley

Telemark said:
Yes, do! Today's ride wasn't THAT far from your patch ...

It's not the distance as I would travel, but I've been off my bike for a while and not sure when I'll be back on it with sufficient strength to ride more than a few miles :biggrin:

I was at St. Andrews but not riding, I had my younger daughter and her friend with me so most likely I was rushing off to stop them from diving into the sea! :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Noodley said:
It's not the distance as I would travel, but I've been off my bike for a while and not sure when I'll be back on it with sufficient strength to ride more than a few miles :sad:

I was at St. Andrews but not riding, I had my younger daughter and her friend with me so most likely I was rushing off to stop them from diving into the sea! :biggrin:

I've seen your posts about not being too well and having to go off "ordinary" pies ... have you found alternative recipes yet without gluten (assume that's one of the problems) - rice flour pastry :biggrin:? Hope you manage to get yourself sorted and back to normal soon :smile:

The great thing about rendezvous rides is that you do your own ride (even if it's just a few miles) and then the rest is easy, sitting down in a cafe :rofl: and chatting.

T

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
snorri said:
Were any of you guys featured in the cycling article in The Herald magazine section today?
Most inspirational.:biggrin:

:biggrin::rofl:

No I think we are all at least 40 years younger that those guys...

For those who haven't read the article the age range of the "old boy racers" is 77 to 89 years! They still go out for a ride every week come rain or shine...

Dov2711

Sounds like a good meet, will keep an eye out for future get togethers and if they are early enough not to clash with the football I would love to come along.

Hopefully meet some of you on the roads round Central Fife in the coming months.

Top Bottom