CC Ecosse Rendezvous ride - Sat 7 Nov 09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
No time to help organise (have 3 jobs!) but I can do every saturday or most sundays from now until 3 Jan and I'll ride almost anywhere - well so long as it's no more than an hour out of "bum comfort range" ! :tongue:

Ranger

AMcD said:
Glad you all had a good day and I was so pleased the weather was as fine as could be for November.

Perhaps I could make the next rendezvous ride and meet you all - if I get a few weeks notice I'm sure I'll be due a day off by then!

Anyhoo, all is not lost - Jane and I will be heading over Cleish Hill on Friday. We're planning on cycling to Vane Farm one way and going home over Cleish Hill. Problem is Jane now has a much faster bike and I'll be struggling even more to keep up - perhaps I won't tell her the way so she has to keep stopping!

I couldn't make this weekend but am off all this week. If you fancy meeting up give me a pm and I am sure I can find you (I live at the foot of the Cleish Hills) and I can compensate for the lack of commuting miles

Jane Smart

The Queen
Ranger said:
I couldn't make this weekend but am off all this week. If you fancy meeting up give me a pm and I am sure I can find you (I live at the foot of the Cleish Hills) and I can compensate for the lack of commuting miles

Ranger it would be great to see you on Friday you are more than welcome to join us and anyone else in fact, that is free this Friday can come along too :biggrin:

Jane Smart

The Queen
AMcD said:
If you plan a few weeks ahead I could possibly get a day off which would be great :smile:.

Jane, is the boat house next to the small harbour? Doesn't it close over winter? Or perhaps it just closes during the week? I went there once expecting a long pee and a coffee but it was closed :sad:.

I will check re the boat house Angie, to see if it does close over the winter, I have no idea :biggrin:

It is where the wee boat taxis take you off to the Island where Mary Queen of Scotts was kept, that may make a nice afternoon out, once the weather gets better next year :smile:

Mange-tout

I thought it was the same place. I parked there a few weeks ago to start a ride. I was so looking forward to a pee and a coffee when I got back but it was shut.

And I still haven't gone on the boat trip to where Mary was imprisoned, despite living in Fife 5 years now. Every summer we say we'll go, and when we finally decide the boat rides are closed for the winter :biggrin:.

Sounds like we'll have a mini-meet on Friday with Ranger :smile:. We could adjust the ride so that we're not meeting Ranger just as we're nearly home. Must get to work now, so will catch up later :sad:.

Dov2711

Hi, Heard about last weeks meet through K Finlay who I hope to meet up with in the coming months. Been on and off the bike recently due to a torn thigh muscle which I thought I had beaten till it went again on Sunday.

Though it looks like its going to take time to get over it the will is there and it would be nice to meet up for something a bit informal once able.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ranger said:
You would have had the shortest ride of any to get to the cafe too :sad: ... unless you went via Crook of Devon, Yetts, Dunning, Path of Condie :biggrin: ....

You've certainly been putting in some excellent commuting :blush: miles too :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It's a beautifully written article too ;) :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Jane Smart said:
So are we going to organise another RV?? :smile:
Yes, Jane - you name time/place :sad: ....

... and you start a new thread (you're good at that, Yes ???) :smile:

[that's how it works] :laugh:

I can't do this w/e :sad: but should be free after that.

Mange-tout

Hi Jane,

Will phone later - still at work but need to get home and steal my saddle back from hubby who put it on his bike this weekend - we have 5 bikes but just 4 saddles :wacko:.

OK for tomorrow? Ranger are you coming too? I was thinking we could meet at Vane Farm for a coffee and cycle home together over Cleish Hill? We won't be leaving until 12pm or later as Jane's busy in the morning, so a lunchtime meet would seem about right. It will take us about 1hr to get to Vane Farm as we're going the direct route.

What side of the hill do you live on?

Jane Smart

The Queen
Hi Angie

Yup I am still on for tomorrow, really looking forward to it. I got a wee 36 miler in today, to prepare me for it :wacko:

On the subject of a RV Angie, can you think of anywhere to meet up? I phoned the Green Hotel in Kinross and right enough, the Boat House Bistro is now closed for the winter :biggrin:

Mange-tout

Hi Jane,

Glad you're still on - I don't think I've been out for 3 weeks? Longest break since April and I can't think why. I'll be a bit rusty. And will probably bring the hybrid as I don't have the energy to fuss about with my saddle - just got home after 1.5hrs of queueing traffic :blush:.

Pity about the Boat House. For the next RV what about that place already mentioned, Loch Leven Larder on the other side of the lake?

Or a meet up in Falkland? That's quite central but perhaps a bit far for those coming over the Bridge. They have one tea room in Falkland that I know of but it isn't the largest for getting a free table (perhaps there's others) and a pub.

Top Bottom