Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians CC Ecosse ride and/or RV ride - 9 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, this was my first RV ride and it went (almost) without a hitch... I planned a route out, essentially picking any roads which looked reasonably quiet. Anything with a B and lots of numbers at the start or off the beaten path was my thinking really (it worked out pretty well though as it was a pretty enjoyable ride on mostly really good surfaces). :bicycle: The weather was erm, damp to put it mildly (there always seemed to be blue sky on the horizon, but not so much when I got there) :rain:It dried up towards the end though, so all's well that ends well!

About half way, my chain decided to slip off the smallest cog as I was speeding struggling up a small hill out of Slamannan, luckily it was easily fixed and I was on my way again (it then jumped off the other end on the way to the Haymarket from the RV - which is odd as Decathlon just 'fixed' the indexing when it was in being serviced a few weeks ago (Thanks @mr messy and @Rasmus for your pointers on how to fix it, I'll give it a bash tomorrow) I had my first sort of clipless moment about a mile from the RV. A dodgy garmin direction meant I had to do a u-turn and as I came to a halt a combination of my front wheel catching the tram-tracks and still having one foot clipped in meant I collapsed in a heap in the road bashing my knee and wrist in the process (thanks to @HJ for the Ibuprofen!) I arrived at the RV about ten minutes before the main ride, which was good timing as I had visions of me getting there and everyone already having eaten all the cake been and gone...

Huge thanks to @HJ and @Telemark for allowing a horde of locusts cyclists and their damp kit into their home; the home-made soup, bread and cake(s) were a-ma-zing and it's always a pleasure to meet up with the CC Ecosse, here's to the next RV / Social ride (I'll try and make the main ride next time out!) :blush:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well the Dunfermline contingent made it home safe and sound, @Col5632 did really well despite suffering from cramp most of the day. @Telemark and @HJ really did us proud with a much welcomed spread at theirs, filling our stomachs and thawing our hands. I think that might be the coldest I've been on a bike! Also thanks to @Scoosh for seeing us safely through town and pressing on regardless ;)

Another grand CC Ecosse day out!

You must have lead a sheltered (cycling) life :thumbsup: ... glad you still enjoyed yourself, part-time anyway ...

T

Col5632

Guru
Thank you @Telemark and @HJ for letting us all into your home and putting on a great spread, my ride over to the meeting point was less fun than i had hoped when the p fairy paid me a visit :cursing: After getting home and adding up all my cycling today has turned out to be my 2nd longest distance ever at 77 miles so considering my lack of time on the bike recently its something to be happy about, even if i did slow most down for pretty much the whole day, thanks to @Fubar and @tug benson for making sure i actually made it home :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Glad all safe. What time did you actually get to the RV at?

Has anybody heard from @mr messy yet? He was going to cycle all the way back home ...:eek: I think everybody else has been on here or at least been reported to be home.

I thought we got to the RV around 2:45 or thereabouts, but could be wrong, was too busy to look at the time.

And :bravo:to @Col5632 for his 2nd longest ride EVER :thumbsup:

Today could be a bit iffy in shady places along the wee roads, looks like a hard frost outside ... but no :rain:forecast :sun:

T

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I have his number, will text him later if he doesn't appear and check in here. Glad I called off early in the week, spent all day yesterday in bed with horrible stomach cramps. Think too much eating out (not the beers) through the week caught up with me.

Col5632

Guru
Has anybody heard from @mr messy yet? He was going to cycle all the way back home ...:eek: I think everybody else has been on here or at least been reported to be home.

I thought we got to the RV around 2:45 or thereabouts, but could be wrong, was too busy to look at the time.

And :bravo:to @Col5632 for his 2nd longest ride EVER :thumbsup:

Today could be a bit iffy in shady places along the wee roads, looks like a hard frost outside ... but no :rain:forecast :sun:

T

Thanks :smile: my legs are feeling it today, I must admit that was one of the hardest days on the bike and not helped with a puncture but that's character building as they say

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I have his number, will text him later if he doesn't appear and check in here. Glad I called off early in the week, spent all day yesterday in bed with horrible stomach cramps. Think too much eating out (not the beers) through the week caught up with me.
Hope you are feeling better, @Louch!
Looks like @mr messy survived yesterday's adventure :cold: :thumbsup:, it remains to be seen whether the same is true for today :crazy:

T

Top Bottom