Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse RV Ride to Dollar - 30 Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar - when you say "the gates" of Pittencrieff Park, do you mean here?

T
EDIT: link corrected :blush:

If necessary I could arrange to meet people down at the Forth Road Bridge to "guide" you to the meeting point and we either pick up @Col5632 on the way (he'll be in bed!) or we start the ride from there and miss out the Dunfermline bit - as far as I know it's only Col and I leaving from Dunfermline.

Col5632

Guru
I was actually meaning here (gates at the bottom of Bridge Street) - as you have found out though there are several gates to the park, these are the closest to the parking if anyone was coming by car, though it might be simpler to meet at the Andrew Carnegie Statue in the park (which is just along from these gates). The meeting point can be changed if anyone is coming by train (@mr messy ?), I'll update the PM to check where everyone who is coming wants to liaise. Thanks, Mark

Your link is showing the same as my link was, couldnt get bridge street to show :wacko:

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Mr Fubar sir, would I be able to take you up on the meet up at the forth bridge (I ken how to get there).
Also if anyone Midlothian/Edinburgh way needs a lift to the start and/or back, will have the car and can easily fit 2 bikes and 2 folk, or 3 bikes and 3 folk at a squeeze.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
I will keep an eye on this thread to see I'd anyone is cycling from Edinburgh as I am not too sure how to get across the Forth via the quieter roads. Was looking out for ShooglyDougie to post and see if I could tag along with him but no sign of him so far. Don,t have the car on Saturday as my son is doing his Tae Kwon Do black belt pre test. Not a good idea to upset a potential black belt who can already kick as high as my head. :B)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Mr Fubar sir, would I be able to take you up on the meet up at the forth bridge (I ken how to get there).
Also if anyone Midlothian/Edinburgh way needs a lift to the start and/or back, will have the car and can easily fit 2 bikes and 2 folk, or 3 bikes and 3 folk at a squeeze.

Sounds like a plan! So probably best if I head to north side of FRB (park and ride) for 09:30 and wait for you there and @Telemark can meet us there as well if coming - either @Col5632 can join me heading to bridge or we'll pick him up on the way back. @mr messy what are your plans?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Got to get tomorrow's day return to London out of the way before I know whether I'll be able to join you or not ...:wacko: It'll be a long day :tired:, but at least I'll be able to sneak in a couple of miles of cycling, to the station & back :dance:

T

Col5632

Guru
Sounds like a plan! So probably best if I head to north side of FRB (park and ride) for 09:30 and wait for you there and @Telemark can meet us there as well if coming - either @Col5632 can join me heading to bridge or we'll pick him up on the way back. @mr messy what are your plans?

I'm game for cycling to the bridge to meet the others also :smile:

I shall check map linkys and figure out times and distance. If all else fails i'm
familiar with getting to Kincardine Bridge :thumbsup: ^_^

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Weather doesn't look bad for tomorrow, see you all at the various RV points at or around the specified times and don't forget to phone/text me (or someone else on the ride!) if pulling out, running late, having mechanicals, etc.

Top Bottom