Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse RV Ride to Dollar - 30 Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Tough week at work for me, culminating in a return trip to Southampton today requiring a 645 am flight. I shall retire early tonight and hopefully be all good for a ride tomorrow. Still not 100% decided on route, so don't wait for me at the Clackmannanshire bridge.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
@Fubar - do you mean this car park? Your map link in the OP is still the old one starting from Dunfermline... :whistle:
Have brought some work home with me :thumbsdown: to keep a bit more on top of things... but not enough to stop myself from a day off and going out for a bit of fresh air & cake ...
if only I wasn't completely knackered from my 17 hour round trip to London yesterday, 2 nights of approx. 5 hours sleep + work being insanely busy :tired:... will leave the decision to tomorrow morning and see how dopey I am on waking up, if that's OK with you...

Don't wait for me at Inverkeithing if I'm not there for 10am, no news means 'Have a great day and eat a scone for me' :mrpig::cry:. If I can drag myself out of bed :hyper:and my train is running late for some reason (the options are 9:42 or 9:53 into Inverkeithing), I'll text/phone @Fubar's mobile.

Will 'do a @Rasmus ' and try to have an early night, too. Fingers crossed ... the weather does look rather good :biggrin:, and the company not bad either :tongue:

T

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar - do you mean this car park? Your map link in the OP is still the old one starting from Dunfermline... :whistle:
Have brought some work home with me :thumbsdown: to keep a bit more on top of things... but not enough to stop myself from a day off and going out for a bit of fresh air & cake ...
if only I wasn't completely knackered from my 17 hour round trip to London yesterday, 2 nights of approx. 5 hours sleep + work being insanely busy :tired:... will leave the decision to tomorrow morning and see how dopey I am on waking up, if that's OK with you...

Don't wait for me at Inverkeithing if I'm not there for 10am, no news means 'Have a great day and eat a scone for me' :mrpig::cry:. If I can drag myself out of bed :hyper:and my train is running late for some reason (the options are 9:42 or 9:53 into Inverkeithing), I'll text/phone @Fubar's mobile.

Will 'do a @Rasmus ' and try to have an early night, too. Fingers crossed ... the weather does look rather good :biggrin:, and the company not bad either :tongue:

T

Yeah that's the one - sorry for not updating the linky. Hope to see you tomorrow!

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru

T

To be fair it does say SAMPLE ROUTE and not an indicator of start point - splitting hairs............?!? Last time I organise one of these bl00dy things!!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Last time I organise one of these bl00dy things!!
The whole point of an RV ride is that there is very little organisation required. :thumbsup:

You name a time and place where you will be having a coffee/ tea :cuppa: and CAKE :hungry: and invite others to join you.

Of course, if you then go on to arrange/organise all the 'feeder rides' :bicycle:, well ... :banghead: ....

... but I'm sure there are many who appreciate all your hard work ! :bravo:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
The whole point of an RV ride is that there is very little organisation required. :thumbsup:

You name a time and place where you will be having a coffee/ tea :cuppa: and CAKE :hungry: and invite others to join you.

Of course, if you then go on to arrange/organise all the 'feeder rides' :bicycle:, well ... :banghead: ....

... but I'm sure there are many who appreciate all your hard work ! :bravo:

I didn't think I had! used to be soooooo simple...

Anyway not having a pop at anyone, just a grumpy auld git! Ignore me.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Sorry guys, I only just managed to drag myself out of bed :blush::tired:- should be at the station getting my ticket by now. :eek: So please don't wait for me at the start.:cry:
Will have to head out on a wee ride after breakfast - no sign of frost here ...
Enjoy the ride and watch out for leaves ...

T

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Turned out to be a really good ride with 9 brave souls cycling up to Dollar: myself, @Col5632 @ShooglyDougie @DougieAB leaving from Inverkeithing park and ride at 10am making good time to the meet just north of Clackmannan bridge where we met @tug benson @Louch and @GlasgowFinn just after 11am, closely followed by @mr messy - we made our way via Clackmannan and Forestmill over a couple of "wee lumps" to Dollarbeg hearing that @Rasmus was also on his way to the RV. Unfortunately @mr messy had a mechanical on the way to Dollar but that was soon fixed (while the rest of us made sure seats in the cafe were secured ;)) - a fine lunch was had by all (especially @Louch and the biggest hot chocolate I've ever seen!) before we headed our merry ways home in various directions - hopefully @ShooglyDougie and @DougieAB followed my directions back to Inverkeithing ok and are not currently cycling round and round Duloch!

Thanks to everyone who turned up from far and wide and made it a success, good to see you all and hopefully you enjoyed your day out. Regards, Mark

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Taking from @Louch facebook..His hot chocolate
1476396_10153547627345075_1853756146_n.jpg

Top Bottom