Five a day turned into a smoothie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
What did you do with the other half?
I let her lick the spoon.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I am considering the matter of investing in a smoothy gadget, does anyone care to recommend the ones they are using?

@Brandane how are you getting on with the smoothies 3 months on from your last post?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I am considering the matter of investing in a smoothy gadget, does anyone care to recommend the ones they are using?

@Brandane how are you getting on with the smoothies 3 months on from your last post?
The smoothie maker I bought is this Kenwood one, at £20 it's a bit more suited to beginners who may or may not end up having a dust collector in the corner of the kitchen cupboard! It does a fine job and is very user friendly. For those like myself who appreciate the fact that it saves on the washing up by making the smoothie in the drinking vessel, it is ideal :smile:.

I am still making good use of mine. I keep it simple by using different Tropicana juices as the base, and flinging in a variety of fresh and/or frozen fruit. Usually half a fresh banana, along with frozen mango, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries........

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The smoothie maker I bought is this Kenwood one, at £20 it's a bit more suited to beginners who may or may not end up having a dust collector in the corner of the kitchen cupboard! It does a fine job and is very user friendly. For those like myself who appreciate the fact that it saves on the washing up by making the smoothie in the drinking vessel, it is ideal :smile:.

I am still making good use of mine. I keep it simple by using different Tropicana juices as the base, and flinging in a variety of fresh and/or frozen fruit. Usually half a fresh banana, along with frozen mango, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries........

At twenty queens, its hard to justify the Nutribullet at eighty plus.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Another vote for the Nutribullet You can pick up brand new shopping channel return on e bay for £ 60 and we now have 2 (1 at home and 1 at work)

Most mornings for breakfast I have in mine:
Handful of spinich, banana, 1/2 apple, 1/2 pear, 4 cubes pineapple, spoonful of gogi berries. I will often add golden linseed and walnuts into the mix as well
(you just need to core the apple and pear, leave the skin on etc)

Mine are both 600w as well

Fubar

Guru
Quick question: does anyone make up their drink the night before and leave it in the fridge? Thinking of getting a smoothie maker but trying to think through the process, would be more convenient to make it up the night before but thinking if there are any implications (i.e. churned veg starting to rot, etc) - I wouldn't be leaving it for weeks, just overnight.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
As above yes it will separate so you would have to give it a good stir first.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another vote for the Nutribullet You can pick up brand new shopping channel return on e bay for £ 60 and we now have 2 (1 at home and 1 at work)

Most mornings for breakfast I have in mine:
Handful of spinich, banana, 1/2 apple, 1/2 pear, 4 cubes pineapple, spoonful of gogi berries. I will often add golden linseed and walnuts into the mix as well
(you just need to core the apple and pear, leave the skin on etc)

Mine are both 600w as well

Thanks for the ebay tip.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Quick question: does anyone make up their drink the night before and leave it in the fridge? Thinking of getting a smoothie maker but trying to think through the process, would be more convenient to make it up the night before but thinking if there are any implications (i.e. churned veg starting to rot, etc) - I wouldn't be leaving it for weeks, just overnight.
I always make mine up the night before if I know I'm working the next day. I put it in a flask in the fridge, then take it to work, where it is still chilled and good to drink the following afternoon. No veg in mine though, strictly fruit only!

Top Bottom