Five a day turned into a smoothie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I usually blend about 5 of those frozen spinach balls

Seriously, what kind of supernatural force are you using to blend these? Aside from nearly burning out the motor my 'ice blender' it just slightly minced them into smaller rocks with loose stringy bit that snake your throat on contact and make you choke violently like a cat bringing up a hairball.

I know, the mental image is beautiful...

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Nutribullet arrived on Saturday, and I used it for the first time this morning, 1 handful of spinach, 1 apple, 1 banana, a few grams of mixed berries, and some flax seeds. Sounds terrible but looks and tastes FAB!

IMG_1553.JPG

I think I'll add a drop of honey next time, I have a sweet tooth.

Last edited:

Fubar

Guru
I got my Nutribullet on Friday, have been juicing since then - using Beetroot juice as the base with some fruit, spinach and kale. Used frozen fruit in it as well, give it a bit longer to blitz but it makes it nice and cold :smile:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Seriously, what kind of supernatural force are you using to blend these? Aside from nearly burning out the motor my 'ice blender' it just slightly minced them into smaller rocks with loose stringy bit that snake your throat on contact and make you choke violently like a cat bringing up a hairball.

I know, the mental image is beautiful...

Er i defrost them in water in the microwave before blending.:rolleyes:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I got my Nutribullet on Friday, have been juicing since then - using Beetroot juice as the base with some fruit, spinach and kale. Used frozen fruit in it as well, give it a bit longer to blitz but it makes it nice and cold :smile:

I like the idea of beetroot juice, I love beetroot.

Fubar

Guru
I like the idea of beetroot juice, I love beetroot.

I can't stand the taste hence why I'm blending it with fruit - supposedly the nitrates enhance the flow of oxygen round your system.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
this mornings recipe. 1 handful of spinach, 1 stick of celery, 1 banana, 1 apple, 1/4 of fresh pineapple, 1/4 of fresh lemon, 1 tbsp of mixed berries, 2tbsp of flax seeds, water.

I thought it would be a little bitter, but its surprisingly sweet. Can't taste the celery or spinach, just the apple, pineapple and banana and the merest hint of lemon.

Top Bottom