Five a day turned into a smoothie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
No. We don't really know everything that's in the food. It was decades after vitamins were discovered that they understood the importance of phytonutrients and flavonoids. Fruit and vegetables Will contain Micro nutrients that we're not even aware of yet

I have just had to google phytonutrients, very interesting stuff.

Fubar

Guru
I had a nutribullet disaster this morning - beetroot juice everywhere.

Still it was tasty once I cleaned up the mess - purple carrot, green apple, blueberries, dried cranberries, dried goji berries, spinach and beetroot juice.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I had a nutribullet disaster this morning - beetroot juice everywhere.

Still it was tasty once I cleaned up the mess - purple carrot, green apple, blueberries, dried cranberries, dried goji berries, spinach and beetroot juice.

LOL! Photos?

Stephenite

Membå
My first effort. Simply 3 clumps of frozen spinach, half a cup(ish) of water, a large banana and a large apple. Looks healthy and tastes great.

vnmmw2.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Last night we had a vegatble stir fry for dinner , which was yum and included broccoli florets. I saved the stem for this mornings drink.

Today's recipe

I large broccoli stem, 1 banana, 1qtr lemon, 1qtr fresh pineapple, 3tblsp mixed berries, 10 walnut halves, water.

Bloody lovely.

image.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Fruit only this morning; apple, pear, nana, strawdies, blueberries and kiwi. Yumtus.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've only ventured into fruit smoothies so far. This morning was strawberry, banana, raspberry, redcurrant, blackcurrant and orange juice. Bloody lovely it was too. Im a bit wary of all the kale and spinach ideas but guess I will get there eventually.

You can barely taste the spinach, I only have 'cos I was told it is rich in Iron.

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom