Five a day turned into a smoothie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Slight variation for today. 1 handful of spinach, 1 banana, 1 apple, 1/4 of fresh pineapple, 1/4 of fresh lemon, 3 tbsp of mixed berries, 10 walnut halves, water.

Very nice indeed.

Fubar

Guru
I used too much Ginger in mine this morning - it was not pleasant.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-tried-the-full-english-breakfast-detox-video
Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 13.29.44.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member

Feckin' brilliant, I'm going to try that!

I don't believe in all the detox guff either, complete load of bollix, but I do believe that I am not getting enough fruit and veg in my diet, in fact I know that to be the case, because every two weeks my blood is tested for levels of Iron when I donate platelets and I'm often told that I should eat more Iron rich food. I'm trying these smoothies just to add to the fruit and veg that I do have in my diet.

So far I am enjoying the process, the smoothies are very nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Whole beetroot or beetroot juice? I like the sultanas idea.
Three whole vacuum packed beetroot,and large handful of sultanas(smart price will do,they're about a third the price of the branded ones). The sultanas make it very sweet,maybe add less if you don't like things too sweet.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
If I wanted to save all the faffing about and the washing-up, would some multi-vitamin pills cut the mustard?

Don't know, but preparing the fruit n veg ain't a lot of faff tbh, If it was I wouldn't do it and the particular device I use takes seconds to clean.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The thing vitamin supplements I guess, is that your not getting the benefit of the fibre of the fruit and veg.

Today's recipe.

1 carrot, 1 handful of spinach, quarter fresh pineapple, quarter fresh lemon, 1 Apple, 2 tbls flax seeds, tsp honey, tsp dried ginger, water.

image.jpg

If I wanted to save all the faffing about and the washing-up, would some multi-vitamin pills cut the mustard?
No. We don't really know everything that's in the food. It was decades after vitamins were discovered that they understood the importance of phytonutrients and flavonoids. Fruit and vegetables Will contain Micro nutrients that we're not even aware of yet

Top Bottom