Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Future CC Ecosse Ride suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I want to go and see the Kelpies ... can this go on the list of future rides, please? Maybe @Scoosh could be persuaded to edit the OP? :thumbsup:

T

Last edited:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Haven't got that far yet! ... I suspect the cafe isn't quite built yet (visitor centre to open summer 2014), but there is mention of the place as a cycling destination here (the horse's mouth, I suppose :rolleyes:).
We could ...
  • meet up in Falkirk, do the Tour the Falkirk (already listed in the OP) with a diversion to the Kelpies, or
  • go from South Queensferry via Hopetoun and Blackness to the Kelpies, returning via Linlithgow/Winchburgh?
  • from SQF to Winchburgh, over the wee roads towards Cairnpapple and carry on via the Kelpies, returning along the Forth/via Hopetoun?
  • or how about the new Helix loop which might be fun for a short/slow ride from Falkirk High Station via the Tunnel, the Wheel and the Forth Clyde Canal (a la "bring the family" - would be fun to meet some CC Ecosse sprogs!)
Just an interesting destination that's brand new :hyper:

T

Fubar

Guru
Haven't got that far yet! ... I suspect the cafe isn't quite built yet (visitor centre to open summer 2014), but there is mention of the place as a cycling destination here (the horse's mouth, I suppose :rolleyes:).
We could ...
  • meet up in Falkirk, do the Tour the Falkirk (already listed in the OP) with a diversion to the Kelpies, or
  • go from South Queensferry via Hopetoun and Blackness to the Kelpies, returning via Linlithgow/Winchburgh?
  • from SQF to Winchburgh, over the wee roads towards Cairnpapple and carry on via the Kelpies, returning along the Forth/via Hopetoun?
  • or how about the new Helix loop which might be fun for a short/slow ride from Falkirk High Station via the Tunnel, the Wheel and the Forth Clyde Canal (a la "bring the family" - would be fun to meet some CC Ecosse sprogs!)
Just an interesting destination that's brand new :hyper:

T

Sounds great, so long as I don't have to organise it....

Id be interested in this one, even more interested at who is riding 100+ mph

MikeW-71

Veteran
On the big Arran descent, I kept well away from the brakes, but that's only because you could see the whole thing in front of you. Throw in some hedges and sharper turns and I won't go nearly as fast.

On the big Arran descent, I kept well away from the brakes, but that's only because you could see the whole thing in front of you. Throw in some hedges and sharper turns and I won't go nearly as fast.
That's where I set my fastest time but only because we done it twice so I knew it was not too technical and there was a long straight followed by a uphill to slow me down :blush:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Id be interested in this one, even more interested at who is riding 100+ mph

:scratch:do you mean 100+ miles rides? Not even Graeme Obree has managed 100+mph on the flat ...
(sorry, couldn't resist)

I'm sure the audax crowd will pop up soon with some long ride suggestions ... CC Ecosse rides tend to be a wee bit shorter to allow wide participation - and people like @HLaB, @Rasmus, @mr messy and others then just tag on riding to and from the meeting point, even if it's at the other end of the country :crazy:

T

Top Bottom