Herne Hill Velodrome Sat 26th April 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Really sorry I didn't make it - woke up on the floor of my office at about midday after a colleague's leaving do last night. Have finally made it back to London, but I think I might have fallen off a bike... Hope y'all had fun!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Nice to pop out and see a few familiar faces. To judge by the looks of suffering, I was heartily glad I hadn't suffered a moment of bravado and put my name down.

@benborp calmly and modestly refuses to celebrate being the fastest on the track.
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

I'll post a few more photos up but as Windows keeps freezing on me, I'll post these up for now.

bonker

Guru
Big thanks to Stevevw. Fantastic day on the track, really enjoyed it, if my hip had been OK I would have contested the sprint.

Thanks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's a few more on here - http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/deptfordmarmoset/library/Herne Hill

Does anybody have a contact address for the Walton Wheelers(?)?

It's the Watton Wheelers iirc

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's the Watton Wheelers iirc
Good spot, Ian. Their kit lettering looks a lot like Walton. They have no contact address on their site, though. I simply wanted to share the photos as most of them are of them.

EDIT: I found a contact address via CTC and I've sent them a link.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 3049085, member: 1314"]I had a Guinness and half with him afterwards at a pub in Herne Hill. He had an Irish brogue. We're meeting up again at that posh track north of the river somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Competing with an 82 year old? Ah, the folly of youth! Seriously, impressive for that age. Seriously impressive. I think it was him who had grandchildren in the stands.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Shame a few more Cycle Chatters did not make it. But we broke even and had £30 left for beers. Next up Stratford followed by Herne Hill again later in the year or early next.
Priority for Stratford will go to those attending yesterday.

Big thanks to all those that rode and came to support, shame we could not have spent a bit longer at the pub but we had to get the train for our connection at King's Cross.

Top Bottom