Is ProCycling Rascist ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
personally i don't care if black people ride bikes or not... race isn't important to me.

I do. It is to me. I want a more equal, inclusive world.

montage said:
The lack of black pro cyclists is most likely because they didn't have cycling pushed onto them by pushy parents at an early age.

I'm a pushy parent. I know loads of Black pushy parents.

jimboalee said:
A missed talent.

Jimbo, Head-nail again. Aside from all the better society stuff, what opportunities , what talent have we missed?

Colour don't matter. It's what's in the legs

MikeonaBike

I don't understand the obsession with colour/ethnicity. Why does it matter whether ethnic minorities are under or over represented in any walk of life, sport or otherwise? I'm not in a club but I enjoy a chat with any cyclists I encounter (on a ride/in the cafe) whatever race they may be. I suspect too many that push the diversity representation issues are politically motivated; I would argue that we do not need that agenda in any sport.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I don't understand the obsession with colour/ethnicity. Why does it matter whether ethnic minorities are under or over represented in any walk of life, sport or otherwise? I'm not in a club but I enjoy a chat with any cyclists I encounter (on a ride/in the cafe) whatever race they may be. I suspect too many that push the diversity representation issues are politically motivated; I would argue that we do not need that agenda in any sport.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you're white.

Hip Priest

Veteran
What is your question leading to?

If Mike is white then he's speaking from a position of privilege where discrimination is concerned.

Top Bottom