Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looking at the route .. will 100% of riding be on the road or mixed

100% rideable with a road bike. First 80 miles are on roads. The final 20 miles are on a seaside bike path but the surface is metalled

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ok Thanks .... Put me down list :okay:

Regarding average speed......

This is not a ride where everyone gets shepherded along in a big group. If folk want to go a bit quicker or a bit slower that's fine. We will have reassembly points at Altrincham (although that's only 10 miles in so we should be reasonably close together). Then at Weaverham where we will stop for a drink and something to eat. Then at Eureka café for lunch and then finally at Bike Hub Rhyl (although the Rhyl stop is optional)

So just roll along with folk who go a similar pace to you. That could be anywhere from 10mph up to 16mph. Then we all get back together again at the designated stops

If you're thinking of stopping over and then cycling back the next day that will typically be a bit faster paced than the outbound

This is not a ride where everyone gets shepherded along in a big group. If folk want to go a bit quicker or a bit slower that's fine. We will have reassembly points at Altrincham (although that's only 10 miles in so we should be reasonably close together). Then at Weaverham where we will stop for a drink and something to eat. Then at Eureka café for lunch and then finally at Bike Hub Rhyl (although the Rhyl stop is optional)

So just roll along with folk who go a similar pace to you. That could be anywhere from 10mph up to 16mph. Then we all get back together again at the designated stops

If you're thinking of stopping over and then cycling back the next day that will typically be a bit faster paced than the outbound

Thanks for the info .. I may ride it back to Chester the same day and get the Mrs to pick me
up or tempt her to Llandudno for a ice-cream

BRounsley

Über Member

Is Bike Hub Rhy going to be open this time, sometimes it's nice to get out the rain!!!!!

Positive waves
Large ones, like last time, whipped up by the wind. Actually it's ideal training weather today.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Advance tickets to Manchester Friday April 22 and from Llandudno April 24 now on sale

I suspect the bookable bike spaces from Llandudno April 23/24 are available now too

Don't forget....buy your ticket from "Llandudno Junction", not "Llandudno"

Origamist

Legendary Member
10 quid single booked back to Crewe from LJ at 9.55pm. This means I have to make it to the end this time and sink a few pints with CC's rogues' gallery. Look forward to it...

Top Bottom