England : Greater Manchester M'cr - Southport - M'cr Night Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
I cycled part of the route (the hilly, first part from Prestwich to Blackburn) yesterday. It was a lovely, sunny day and a great ride. If the weather is good the night ride should be really nice coming along the unlit moor roads above Accrington and Blackburn. Oh, i found out the petrol station in Haslingden, about 20 miles from M'cr city centre, is open 24 hrs and promises hot drinks available all through the night. After, that it is 30 odd miles to Southport and a 24 hr, sit inside, Maccy Ds. I'm pretty sure there will be 24 hr services along the A580 that will do hot drinks as well. Does anyone know of one for sure?

I was getting all excited, thinking I had worked out a way to do this, as I was going to be back from the wedding on saturday night and then realised the ride is on the Friday night/Saturday morning :sad:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Don't forget that there will be a strong possibility of snow/ice up here (rossendale bit). Perhaps have an alternative low level back up ride planned?

Good news! Wedding is the week before, so I can make it.

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
I really hope so. Two issues though at present. 1) I have been rostered to work on the Saturday so need to arrange someone to swap with me, and 2) not sure if the weather will be suitable.

I'll post when I have worked out my off duty issue The weather can be looked at a few days before. If the forecast looks crap we can cancel up to the day itself.

How many are still interested?

Top Bottom