Running on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Glad people are finding abuse for it frankly

Sorry, what does this mean?

gavintc

Guru
I gave up distance running about15 yrs ago. I typically trained on the road as the surface was more uniform. A pavement goes up and down, has drop kerbs and is less pleasant. Interestingly, very similar reasons why I avoid cycle paths on pavements.

I find it peculiar but understand the reasons and don't find it a problem. Personally I look for trails or beach to run on, that's the fun.

Tin Pot

Guru
I've seen more and more people lately running on the road.
I don't mean when there is no pavement, I mean normal busy roads, running along with traffic?

Why is this happening? What's the advantages? Am I missing something? Just seems dangerous to me, unecassarily if there is a pavement

They are insane and obviously want to die, you should run them over - I'm sure the jury will acquit if they weren't wearing their impervious Suit of Hi Viz.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Most people cycle on the road, most people jog on the pavement, so not exactly the same, anyways, the point was clarified earlier
Yeahbut cycle paths are made for cycling, why would people prefer to cycle on the roads.

For the same reason that pedestrian designed pavements are less preferable than smooth uninterrupted tarmac in a busy road.

Firestorm

Veteran
So a
At present I'm maintaining that pace for 6 miles I need quicker for 13.1 miles by April.
So about 42 for 10 k. When i was road running , before fi ding out i preferred sprinting and was better at it, that was about my time and my half marathon pb was 1.36. So with longer runs at 7.30 pace and some intervals, try 1/2 mile at below 7, say 6.30 , with 1/2 mile recovery, you should get a good time by april.
The idea is to Learn to run fast whilst still doing the steady runs as well

As I recall, @Marmion has taken up road running
Yep

ddcd201da806b6583d1304b08eb69135.jpg

Attachments

• ddcd201da806b6583d1304b08eb69135.jpg
    ddcd201da806b6583d1304b08eb69135.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom