Show us your Swiss Army Knife.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@simon the viking, word of warning, if it goes back to Siwtzerland the chances are you will not get your original knife back, so if it is for sentimental reasons let the office know and they will not send it to the Swiss.

They did say to tell them of any sentimental attachment for I suppose this reason. I would specify that if at all possible I would like the original knife back (or the majority of it back plus new bits) but if they replace the knife for £9.99 because of the lifetime service aspect... then the new knife would be linked the original purchase and would be an acceptable replacement rather than me buying a new one.

I hope you follow my warped logic... but thanks for the warning.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
A MASSIVE thanks :bravo:to @CarlP for starting this thread and making me think about my SAK and what it means to me .
Victorinox U.K have confirmed that 1 payment of £9.99 will fix or replace ALL faults on my knife even it requires them to return to it Switzerland. They even offered to inspect first before I sent payment to see if it was covered under the lifetime warranty and told me to list any faults that I do NOT want repairing for sentimental reasons (there aren't any) I am sooooo doing this..... It may come back like triggers broom though

I'll resurrect this thread with a new photo when I get it back. the only downside is it may take up to 3 months

Yo me! Whoop n all that. :bravo::wahhey:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
They even do one for @Lisa21 :girldance:

swissgirlyknife.jpg
Hahahahaha!!! @smokeysmoo I really need one of these in my life :thumbsup::wahhey:

My Swiss army knife has packed its bag and is very excited about the trip its about to take...... Cheque for £9.99 written just got to post it tomorrow recorded delivery and next time I see it.... It should look almost new, told em to repair it not replace if possible and leave the scratched but unbroken side on it. I've taken out the tweezers, pen, tiny screwdriver and toothpick in case they lose them (but secretly hoping they replace them as the pen has ran out.)

I'll resurrect this thread when I get it back and post before and after photos

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My Swiss army knife has packed its bag and is very excited about the trip its about to take...... Cheque for £9.99 written just got to post it tomorrow recorded delivery and next time I see it.... It should look almost new, told em to repair it not replace if possible and leave the scratched but unbroken side on it. I've taken out the tweezers, pen, tiny screwdriver and toothpick in case they lose them (but secretly hoping they replace them as the pen has ran out.)

I'll resurrect this thread when I get it back and post before and after photos

Pen? You have a pen on your knife? Feck! I've been done up like a kipper!

Pen? You have a pen on your knife? Feck! I've been done up like a kipper!
It's the refill looking thingy in the photo it slides in the end like tooth pick and tweezers....

Off down post office in a bit. But got to into town as the.one in the village got robbed and set on fire a few weeks ago.....
Err..

Just realised that's not really relevant to the thread....

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's a bit grubby innit?

That's a bit off, you ask for pics and then slag off his knife maintenance routine, your pics look like generic pinched off the internet ones all shiny and new. Don't be surprised if RRSODALL doesn't come round and whittle something!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That's a bit off, you ask for pics and then slag off his knife maintenance routine, your pics look like generic pinched off the internet ones all shiny and new. Don't be surprised if RRSODALL doesn't come round and whittle something!

I consider myself severely chastised. I realise now, the last thing I want to be on the end of is @threebikesmcginty 's ire.

+++++++++THREAD RESURRECTION ALERT++++++++

Magnificent customer services from Victorinox U.K

I sent my knife away for repair as discussed earlier in the thread without the cheque for a tenner as they said it may be covered under warranty....

After 8 weeks which included them sending it to Switzerland, it was returned to me today.....and.....

~ They had replaced 2 blades
~ Cleaned and sharpened the rest of the blades
~ Replaced a broken plastic side
~ and included new tooth pick, Pen, Tweezers and mini screwdriver.....

and included an invioce for £0.00

The knife has just celebrated its 25th birthday!!!!! how about that for a warranty? (and I broke it!!!!)

A MASSIVE :bravo:to them and some thanks must go to @CarlP for making me actually think about sending it.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
+++++++++THREAD RESURRECTION ALERT++++++++

Magnificent customer services from Victorinox U.K

I sent my knife away for repair as discussed earlier in the thread without the cheque for a tenner as they said it may be covered under warranty....

After 8 weeks which included them sending it to Switzerland, it was returned to me today.....and.....

~ They had replaced 2 blades
~ Cleaned and sharpened the rest of the blades
~ Replaced a broken plastic side
~ and included new tooth pick, Pen, Tweezers and mini screwdriver.....

and included an invioce for £0.00

The knife has just celebrated its 25th birthday!!!!! how about for a warranty (and I broke it!!!!)

A MASSIVE :bravo:to them and some thanks must go to @CarlP for making me actually think about sending it.....

Good result, what excellent customer service. Show us a piccy of it then.

Good result, what excellent customer service. Show us a piccy of it then.
If you insist.....
Check out post 63 for a before photo... note damage to can opener and the very tip of the small blade, It definitely is the same knife as it looks 'slightly... (only slightly though) used and they don't make the exact same knife although the model name is the same.... so really chuffed as it had real sentimental value, I was reluctant to trust it to royal mail but went for it....

I will admit to being slightly emotional upon receiving it back in the condition it was given to 25 years ago as a 21st birthday as my dad has since died (Cor you've all got my life story now) and I've now owned it longer than I haven't owned it anyway without further ado..... for your entertainment and amazement........
DSC_0043.JPG

Oh forgot to say they even returned the two broken blades to me!..... (Mrs V nearly cut herself when she opened the jiffy bag....) I assume it was to prove it was the same knife.....

Top Bottom