Show us your Swiss Army Knife.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My psychiatrist recommends that I shouldn't really be allowed sharp things, so I have this:

Disposable-Plastic-Knife.jpg

Stephenite

Membå
My Swiss army knife and my whittling knife, a Swedish Mora Erik Frost no.106.
DSC_0362.JPG

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Victorinox Swisstool, the Rolls Royce of multitools. I do tend to use the Ford Mondeo much more though, leatherman wave.
8668266552_a3fe6f2867_z.jpg

Crikey! I have one of those as well! BUT, I have no idea where it is. Hmmmm....

You'd better find it, they've rocketed in price recently!

Yeah! Hurrah! I found it today. At the bottom of a box of stuff! I of course was looking for something else that I didn't find but I don't care about that whatever it was.

image.jpg

...as you do, I decided to dig out the sharpening stone and do the job properly.
Cue long search for said stone, which turned up a) the stone, and b) every other pocket knife I own.
The one I have carried around for the last decade and a half is a Victorinox Cybertool 34 (bottom left), a cracking bit of kit that has been endlessly useful, particularly as I mess with computers a lot, which is of course its function and why I have it.
The rest are various flavours of Swiss Army Knife, or Opinels in varying sizes:

The foreground Opinel, a stainless steel blade version, was a Father's Day gift while at Les Eyzies de Tayac in 1994 or thereabouts. The other carbon-steel ones have been acquired over time, the tiny one bought merely because I saw it and decided I couldn't live without such a dinky little knife. Never used it for anything, mind...
Anyhow, all now cleaned and sharp, and hidden away until the next time I remember they exist!

I used to carry a CK German copy of the std SAK 6 tool until it got lost, then replaced with a Forrester ( with saw) . To be honest it is a bit too big for pocket carry so lives in my backpack.
My bike tool is a Leatherman Mini, full pliers in mini form factor.
I have a Opinel (8) and a couple of nice car boot finds.
There are people who say what do you need too carry a knife for? Why not just use a [insert special purpose tool here]. I feel undressed without one.

tom73

Guru
One of the 1st things I got when I was old enough was a Swiss Army Knife. Got me out of many a problem at uni and has ever since.
Day's out or holiday always gets packed and nearly always get used. Only last weekend staying in london we needed a tin opener.
No problem Victorinox soon made light work of it. :okay:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Victorinox are real quality SAK's, i have a couple of them. A Huntsman and a Camper, the latter is permanently attached to my keys.
Also have a Leatherman Skeletool.

Same here, a Camper was my first and then got a Huntsman.
I wish the blades held their edges longer but both are invaluable.

I usually keep one in the car but it comes with me whenever I go camping.

I took one when I went off on my travels around the world, and it was invaluable.

I've lost a couple but they get replaced immediately.

I like the look of the Leatherman's but cant justify it (to myself) whilst I still have the SAK although the pliers are a big selling point but I do carry long nose pliers for the reason mentioned upthread.

im the same with torches, I reckon is the kid in me.

Edited to add image

wonderloaf

Veteran
Strange you should bring the subject up, my old Swiss Army knife turned up recently while I was looking for something else. Think I got this as a birthday present when I was 9 or 10 years old, so must now be at least 50 years old. Sadly the toothpick and tweezers are long gone and the corkscrew on the other side is broken, but seeing as then I was too young to know about the delights of wine drinking can only assume it got broken using it for something else, probably screwing into a piece of wood for the hell of it!

1574265600764.png

Top Bottom